Skip to content
Post Sex Napping
SalemCowboy posted:
Not a problem for the guy, but a nuisance for the woman........what is the deal with men and post sex napping? And lets get beyond "good physical conditioning". Is it mental? Is it physical? A loss of some sort of chemical from the body during sex? Any factual idea will help.

The SalemCowboy

FCL responded:
I'm not sure I follow what you mean ... I'm a woman and tend to indulge in post-sex napping (but not following quickies - they tend to wake me up nicely so I enjoy them more in the morning). It seems to me that it's a natural follow-up to afterglow
There's nothing inherently dirty about sex, but if you try real hard and use your imagination you can overcome that.

Blake_Valentine responded:
Hi Salem,

It's true that orgasms induce sleep in men -- but it has nothing to do with the exertion. I've used masturbation for years to fall asleep after 30 min of staring at the ceiling. Supposedly a hormone is released in men after orgasm that brings this on:

http://health.msn.com/health-topics/sexual-health/mens-sexual-health/why-men-fall-asleep-after-sex

My wife and I laugh about going different directions after sex -- she's just getting going and I'm ramping down. But she loves to sleep too, so it's a good thing.

Helpful Tips

Difficulty having an orgasm?Expert
Try reading Becoming Orgasmic: A Sexual and Personal Growth Program for Women by Julia Heiman , Joseph Ph.D. LoPiccolo and David ... More
Was this Helpful?
5 of 7 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit Dr. Becker-Phelps' website