Skip to content
i have a few embarrassing questions concerning a possible std
An_215347 posted:
well, i've been with my boyfriend for quite sometime and had a short separation.He dated and had unprotected intercourse with another female,but then later realized he had made a mistake and was still love with me. we got back together, the female in which he had unprotected sex later contacted me and told me that she had gone to the doctor and was diagnosed with pid "pelvic inflammatory disease" which can be caused by either of two std's gonorrhea or chlamydia. i'm freaking out and have scheduled a gyn appt.i just recently found out it has been 7 months since they first had unprotected sex and my partner could have possibly had it and infected me.i have been doing some research online about these diseases and was appalled to find out a woman can become infertile and damages can be permanent.can it be that i'm already to late to be able to ever with- hold a child again?i'm also afraid because i have small children and would like to know if i could of infected them by them eating or drinking off of me?or using my soap?or giving me kisses? PLEASE I NEED HELP DOES ANYONE HAVE AN ANSWER TO ANY OF MY QUESTIONS??

blake_valentine responded:
1st priority is to take a deep breath. Even if you have an STD, you cannot infect your kids. 2nd priority, close behind the 1st, is to get to the Dr. pronto to get yourself checked out - which you said you are in the process of doing. Hopefully the appt is soon so you will have some peace of mind.

Helpful Tips

Difficulty having an orgasm?Expert
Try reading Becoming Orgasmic: A Sexual and Personal Growth Program for Women by Julia Heiman , Joseph Ph.D. LoPiccolo and David ... More
Was this Helpful?
5 of 7 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit Dr. Becker-Phelps' website