Skip to content
Penatrating while sleeping?
Anon_20000 posted:
hi everyone. my boyfriend of over a year and i have been wondering lately and cant seem to find any information about whether or not two people can fall asleep in a sexual position (though not actually having sex, i.e. penatrating but not moving)? is this dangerous at all? or are we free to be as intimate as we please, even while we're unconscious?

BalconyBelle responded:
Yes, it is possible to fall asleep in a sexual position, or for that matter--to begin sexual intercourse while sleeping. My fiance & I have done both, and have never had any problems.
If you're on the pill, there's no greater risk of pregnancy from falling asleep while still locked together than any other time...if you're relying on condoms, there's an increased risk of breakage, leakage, or having it come off inside you--all of which are hazardous when it comes to contraception, and potentially hazardous to your health.

If you're not on anything, the main consequences would be wet spots or leakage from him and yourself as fluids drain while you're sleeping...and you might be a bit sticky when you wake up. Although to cut down on the risk of UTI or yeast infections, it's generally recommended that both you and him go to the bathroom after sex--it helps flush the system.

Helpful Tips

Oral Sex- deep throatExpert
Many people have trouble with the gag reflex (choking or coughing) when performing oral sex especially when they try to deep throat. You ... More
Was this Helpful?
70 of 88 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit Dr. Becker-Phelps' website