Skip to content
How bright is my future?
Milesman posted:
I was once married to a woman who had herpes, but didn't tell me for 18 yr. (3 kids and lots of unprotected sex later). I was faithful, to her, the entire time. I never showed any signs or symptoms. I've read that in rare cases, you can develop an immunity to an infectious partner. I think that was my case, and I'm grateful to GOD for it. We've been apart for 8 yr. There are new people, in my life. Could I be a "carrier" of this virus (putting the new women, in my life at risk? I've been open and honest with these ladies. I dislike condoms, and almost never use them. I REFUSE TO DISRESPECT THESE WOMEN, LIKE I WAS! What can/should I do?

FCL responded:
If you haven't got it you're not a carrier. I'm assuming that you've been tested recently.

I know you didn't ask for advice on this but ... using condoms can save your life. You may not like it but if you don't have recent proof of your partners STD status, please use them, for your sake ... Never forget that it's possible to have an STD and not know it so you can't even take their word for it. Be safe.
There's nothing inherently dirty about sex, but if you try real hard and use your imagination you can overcome that.

divachic1 replied to FCL's response:
Yes please use condoms...They can save your life. 5min of pleasure may bring you a lifetime of pain...PROTECT YOURSELF......

georgiagail replied to divachic1's response:
The fact that you don't like condoms and almost never use them does not jive with your very next statement that you refuse to "disrespect" these women. You assume (incorrectly) that condom use implies that they must be infected with something.

Keep in mind that most adults have been exposed to HSV; typically HSV 1; generally picked up in childhood when children tend to place mouth everything they pick up. Despite this, most never have a outbreak and, without testing, are totally unaware they are infected.

While HSV1 is typically limited to oral outbreaks and HSV2 to the genital region, one strain can be passed to another part of the body:
http://www.antiherpes.com/oral_herpes.asp

Gail

Milesman replied to FCL's response:
THANKS, my x-wife proved that. I think, she was a predator. She was angry that someone, she obviously trusted, infected her, and began to satisfy her rage by using her beauty and sex appeal as a weapon ...so sad

Milesman replied to georgiagail's response:
What I meant was, I would never have unprotected sex with any woman, while knowing I was infectious. There is a large population of women who dislike condoms, too. I admit, there is risk, and good character, and social grace is no indicator.

GuardSquealer replied to Milesman's response:
I get the impression that you have not been tested. From what I have read on the sexually transmitted disease board I don't believe you can be immune. There is a chance you didn't catch it from her.

But there is a bigger chance that you did catch it. The first thing you need to do is be responsible and get tested. And then you can move forward from there. However if you continue to have unprotected sex with random partners odds are that you will eventually catch it.

Once you know if you have it or not, then you can at least make an educated decision about how to proceed.

FCL replied to GuardSquealer's response:
" However if you continue to have unprotected sex with random partners odds are that you will eventually catch it. "

But let's not forget that there are much worse things you could catch by having unprotected sex ...
There's nothing inherently dirty about sex, but if you try real hard and use your imagination you can overcome that.

Helpful Tips

sexually frustrated 2
fighting is healthy in a relationship as long as it's calm and there are boundaries set on both sides. there is bad fighting or as you ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 1 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit Dr. Becker-Phelps' website