Skip to content
No sex for 6 years now experiencing discomfort almost pain with a viabrator
An_215415 posted:
Help I have not had sex for 6 years. Now the relationship has ended. I masterbated but just got a vibtaor. I now notice discomfort and almost pain during penetration. I've been seeing someone and want to have sex. I am afraid it won't be good if I am in pain .. Help.

MissChooChoo responded:
The pain could be from a number of things. In my case, I hadn't had sex for many years after a divorce. And when my ex and I had sex it was painful, hurried, and not ever satisfying for me. Because of this, I developed vaginismus (vaginal spasms) where penetrating myself with even my finger was impossible because of the pain. After reading up on it, I started making my own dilators (starting with a small carrot, cut to size). I'd put a condom on the carrot, and stimulate my clit with a vibrator. The vibrator relaxed my vagina, letting the carrot in. Then I graduated to larger and larger dildos. I bought the realistic kind instead of the plain dilators, because I was trying to get over my fear of the penis also. I always had to use the vibrator to relax -- I read somewhere where the vagina "tents", making room for the penis. This is what seemed to happen. My determination in getting over vaginal spasms came from my fear of getting a pelvic exam -- I was afraid the speculum would be painful. Your pain may be from something different, and I would advise you to see a doctor. If your doctor isn't helpful, find another one -- many don't know much about vaginal pain. One thing I do know is, if you have vaginismus and if you experience any pain with a partner, you have to stop immediately since that is a major cause of the vaginal spasms.

Helpful Tips

Difficulty having an orgasm?Expert
Try reading Becoming Orgasmic: A Sexual and Personal Growth Program for Women by Julia Heiman , Joseph Ph.D. LoPiccolo and David ... More
Was this Helpful?
5 of 7 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit Dr. Becker-Phelps' website