Skip to content
Includes Expert Content
Itching
An_215422 posted:
I've been married for almost 20 years and over the last year or so when ever my wife starts to get wet during sex my testicles start to itch. It is not a mild itch it is very intense. To the point of interfering.
There is not pain or rash or anything like that and when I clean it off the itching goes away.
Any ideas on what this might be?

alaska_mommy responded:
Maybe you have some sort of skin allergy to her vaginal fluids? I think I've heard of that happening (or being suspected of happening) before. I wonder if you could try using something like Liquid Gloves or some oil (something that would make a barrier on your skin).

Karen Luster, MD responded:
Ask your wife if she is using any new soap, laundry detergent, lotions, perfumes or anything else down below. If you all are using any lubrications or creams during sex make sure it is hypoallergenic and water based. A lot of over the counter products may have fragrances or ingredients that may irritate the genitalia. This is a very common issue. Once contact with the product is removed symptoms tend to resolve.

Helpful Tips

Tips on Lubricant UseExpert
Many people have questions about how to use lubricant for more comfortable, pleasurable sex. Here are some tips you might consider: 1. ... More
Was this Helpful?
34 of 46 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit Dr. Becker-Phelps' website