Skip to content
How to let go of the man I love
77Hopeless posted:
I have posted several things about my relationship, and everyone that has replied has been very helpful. I have cried over this man for the past three days, I feel like a stranger at his house and even when he is around I feel alone. He ask me tonight if I was mad and I replied no I just don't care anymore that is what you wanted", he tells me he is going to bed and that he loves me. And 43 minutes later I see a post on facebook where he is asking a friend who is a girl what is up, but yet he stop posting anything to me since June 12. I am so tired and depressed with this relationship my friends are telling me that I m not the same person anymore. I need to let him go because he is destroying me emotionally and mentally just not sure how, because I do love him and hoping it will change or get better?
Blake_Valentine responded:
Sorry I have not seen any of your previous postings, so I am missing some details. Just from your post above though, and from the screen name you have given yourself, it sounds like too much of your own identity is wrapped up in the welfare of the relationship. And if that falls apart, where are you? I know you are in a bad place right now, because you are seeing everything in your life through the prism of this soured relationship. Sounds like both of you are shut down, and your BF is finding that it's easier to get on Facebook than have a tough discussion. But I think you both need to find the courage to sit down and take stock of the relationship, and the prospects for it moving forward, else you'll both be stuck in the same rut. If you are both unable to communicate effectively, then it would probably be better to spend time apart, and see if either of you feels differently with the passage of time. Good luck.

Helpful Tips

Tips on Lubricant UseExpert
Many people have questions about how to use lubricant for more comfortable, pleasurable sex. Here are some tips you might consider: 1. ... More
Was this Helpful?
36 of 48 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

  • Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit Dr. Becker-Phelps' website