Skip to content
Advice?
Anon_230230 posted:
This is really hard and I don't know where else to go. My partner doesn't want to talk and I want to understand. I am in my 40's and have had very little experience with sexual partners. I've been married 4 1/2 yrs and sex has been an issue for a long time. Basically I don't understand my partner's advances. It seems that the only time we touch is for sex and he goes straight for the action. Like this morning he started came close while I was sleeping and started banging on my back side and pulling my pants down. That isn't a turn on for me and I try to get more touchy feely stuff going, but then he pulls away. I try to talk to him and he says he's tired of this conversation. I don't know what to do. I know I'm inexperienced and feel stupid for that, but I don't know what is normal and what isn't. I'll take any advice offered.

Rhondamay responded:
You are normal. I don't think any woman would respond positively to those kind of advances. Most women need the touchy feely romance stuff. Foreplay and caresses are a must to warm up the girl parts. I certainly don't respond to clumsy surprise attacks. His resistence to communication is also very troublesome. I would demand discussion and if he continues to resist let him know that seeing a counselor is the only other alternative. You shouldn't have to live like that!

Good luck,

Rhonda

alaska_mommy responded:
I agree--what you want/need is normal...and expected. Also it is not normal for him not to want to talk about this. In a healthy relationship, there is communication going on all the time about what each partner wants or likes.
You deserve to have a say in this...it takes two to tango....sex is not just a one-way-street...not "my way or the highway". It's a blending of two individuals, with mutual respect and love.

cam1000 replied to alaska_mommy's response:
Thanks for your support. It's nice to know I'm not crazy. We are seeing a counselor for other issues and I may bring this up at our next meeting. It's so hard to talk about to anyone. I feel ashamed though I know, logically, that there's no reason, but I do.

dfgbull; replied to cam1000's response:
Definately do bring it up!!!! He is way off base and needs to be told BUT, he probably will not hear it from you.

Helpful Tips

wallgreens lol seriously
I went on wallgreens looking for a curling iron. and i found some toys.. and inexpensive.. lol... i was lol... came in a box, very discreet ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 0 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit Dr. Becker-Phelps' website