Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
32 year old male with very high sex drive - is this a problem?
cmw1979 posted:
I am a fit and active non-smoking 32 year old guy who eats well and otherwise takes good care of myself. I am thin yet have strong and lean muscles for my size. I am not bulky but have very well defined muscle tone and very little body fat. I eat a lot for my size and mainly include whole grains, lean meats, seafood, and a lot of veggies.

I have ALWAYS had a very high sex drive and I am now dating someone who is worried that this might be the sign of a hormone/chemical imbalance or something wrong. I told her that I have a strong desire before anything happened but she said that strong doesn't even begin to describe my drive. When I was a little younger, a girl I was dating wanted to stay in and see how many times I could "do it" in a day. I think we lost track at around 20 times or so. I was very tired after this marathon session and could have gone without the next day but we managed to do it 3-4 times the day after. I also have a very short refractory period and can be ready to go again in a very short time 3-4 sessions in a row. I sometimes don't even get completely soft before going again.

My current GF is worried that I feel the need to "release" at least twice, usually three times per day to not feel pain in those parts. If I don't release in the morning, pre-cum will start dripping out and I will feel pressure in my male parts while at work, school, etc. I usually release myself in the morning, afternoon when I get home, and right before bed so three times is pretty much the norm. My semen is always cloudy unless I go at a marathon session and then it becomes clear and watery as well as less in amount.

I never realized this was unusual until a few women began pointing out some of their stories. One GF once dated an out of shape guy who could barely get it up and do the deed about once a week and that was a struggle for him, even at age 30. Past GFs tell me that many guys start having these issues in their 20's. They also say I have a much harder erection than most guys, which I have read indicates good blood circulation in the heart, etc. For the most part, I don't really feel much differently than I did when I was 18. This relates to sex and otherwise. I can do it 5-6 times per day, everyday, without feeling tired or worn out. I can also repeat this indefinitely multiple days in a row. The extreme sessions of 10 or more times are rare and do leave me feeling tired. For the most part, I am always ready to go and take no time to get up.

Here are some other things that might indicate why I am this way.
1. My GFs have always indicates my testicles are slightly larger than average.
2. My penis is right at 7 inches long when measured from the top part of the base to the tip (shortest way to measure).
3. I produce LOTS of pre-cum and it will just start dripping from me if I get excited at all. Several GFs have indicated that I produce the most of any guy they have been with.
4. I do feel contented after ejaculation but do not get tired and have more than enough energy to just get right back at it. It does help me sleep at night and is one of my reasons for doing it before I go to bed.

My current GF is worried this might harm my health long term although she has no issues with keeping me satisfied when we are together. I read several articles about possible mineral (mainly zinc) depletion as well as triggering hormonal imbalances. I have started taking 25mg zinc every other day or so after doing some research. If anything, my drive got a little stronger after doing this. The need to release has also become stronger.

I think my current GF is also worried about me cheating due to what she thinks is excessive desire. I told her that as long as I release myself, everything will be fine as I have never cheated on anyone before. She is a good person and we have much more in common than just sex but she sometimes says I have a one track mind.

Caveat_Emptor responded:
I'm sorry, did you have a problem you needed help with?

And regarding your girlfriend thinkin you will cheat due to having a strong sex drive, seems she has some issues of her own to deal with.

alaska_mommy responded:
Doesn't sound like a thing in the world is wrong with you. You're just exceptionally in shape and you have a high sex drive. Don't read more into it than is there. And past stories of exes never help in these kind of situations. Everyone is different. As for the out of shape guy who couldn't get it up, well that was probably because he was so out of shape. I think the more physically fit, mentally stimulated and happy we are, the better our sex drives will be in general. Sounds like you just take care of yourself exceptionally well--perhaps even putting past BF's to shame.
You know what works for you, and you are happy with your GF. Nothing in the world wrong with that.

I think the whole reason a lot of guys have a declining sex drive as they start to hit 30's and upward is that they are probably not as in shape as they were in their 20's, and they are probably a lot more stressed out. I bet if more men were to get and stay in excellent physical shape and to also work to remove unnecessary stressors they would find their sex drive bouncing right back.

J5DC2 responded:
I too don't see any problem with you, she might have a problem if she thinks you could go to someone else for sex.

I too live a healthy life style, am 47 married 15 years and 3 kids, I enjoy making love to my wife on a daily basis, more if we had the opportunity. In fact, the more I make love to her the more I want her and the closer I feel to her and want to be close to her as much as possible.

cmw1979 replied to J5DC2's response:
I never thought this was a bad thing but just wanted to make sure. Thanks for the assurance. Personally, I really enjoy being able to get it up and do the deed at any time I wish. I really enjoy sex and feel it is a very important way to get closer to the one I care about. It is an essential part of the relationship for me and a lack of interest from the other partner is a dealbreaker for me.

I figured there was nothing wrong but have been told by all girlfriends that my drive is very high and this one was actually concerned. I guess it is a sad commentary on guys in this world when one who actually has all systems working as intended is viewed as being abnormal.

As for the guys who had trouble getting it up, yes they were out of shape and didn't eat well. They are probably heading towards a heart attack and other health problems. I understand a good erection is associated with good circulation and heart function.

Helpful Tips

Tips on Lubricant UseExpert
Many people have questions about how to use lubricant for more comfortable, pleasurable sex. Here are some tips you might consider: 1. ... More
Was this Helpful?
33 of 45 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit Dr. Becker-Phelps' website