Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Does Size Matter?
Chris_WebMD_Staff posted:
Do you prefer your lover to be on the thin side or large side? Do you have a preference?
Do larger partners restrict your intimacy at all?
Chrissy~

Life is too short, so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly and forgive quickly.
Author Unknown
FirstPrevious12NextLast

alaska_mommy responded:
My husband is just a little bit overweight for his stature. It doesn't really bother me, but of course I wouldn't mind him being slimmer either.

wwilson89 responded:
My partner is a big boy! Former college football player, and I think he was a linebacker or something. I like that his weight is good for his frame. I definitely perfer my partner to be bigger than me. I've never really been attracted to thin men, but on the flip, morbidly obese doesn't do much for me either. Right in the middle is what I like.

wwilson89 responded:
Also, I think having a larger partner could restrict intimacy only b/c they may lack the stamina or physical ability to last a good amount of time or to get into certain positions. That could happen at any size though. One of my friends was married to a thin guy, and he had cystic fibrosis. She's told me that their sex life left much to be desired.

J5DC2 responded:
My wife is a little bit overweigh and I love her the way she is, in fact I can't never get enough of her even though we make love almost every day. I love her curves and it just the way I have always been, always liked nice curves, more meat than bones, I should say.

By the way, we have been married 15 years and have 3 kids. Each day I love her more.

BalconyBelle replied to J5DC2's response:
My guy does just fine even though he's on the larger side. I don't mind, though it would be nice if he was toned purely for eye-candy purposes. It's who he is on the inside that I fell in love with, and I've gotta admit, he has killer eyes & an amazing smile. He's working on getting to his goal weight, which I fully support. Right now he's got this ridiculous fear that laying on top of me is going to crush me--it doesn't, I'm fine, but he never believes me.

As for me, I need to get a little lighter, too. I am too heavy for him....though he'd never say it directly. He loves me, excess curves and all--but when I'm on top I can truly knock the wind out of him. He loves picking me up & tossing me in the air...and I'm not light enough to do that safely. I'm always afraid I'll hurt him in cow-girl, or he'll hurt himself trying to lift me.

avdehate; responded:
Frankly, I really do like my man on the thinner and muscular side. I like to see and experience what we are doing instead of everything being hidden by mass quantities of "stuff"~and being embarrassed to be seen. In light of that, I try to be thinner and more muscular myself. That makes it easier for me to be motivated to get out and keep in shape and in good health. I like being active anyway, so it is easier for me than for someone who is inherently inactive. I'm older but try to be in the best shape I can be in so that age doesn't matter so much.

Anon_161860 replied to J5DC2's response:
You are a great man!! I wish my husband would make love to me every day! Your wife is a very lucky woman to have such wonderful husband. ~Jealous

Sagitarius2009 replied to J5DC2's response:
You're a great guy!! There needs to be more men like you and my man, he's the same way.

J5DC2 replied to Anon_161860's response:
I am sorry about your man not providing (sexually) for you! But I would think the majority of man would like to please their wives. Talk to him and tell him you miss him in bed, etc.

trynforhappieness replied to Anon_161860's response:
I guess that would be very lucky for him as well. Ive been married 12 years and my wife dont even like me to look at her in a towel. Shes thin im thin, I think you could even say sexy if not just for her. She dont want sex and I dont want sympathy. So I just stay frustrated.

trynforhappieness replied to Sagitarius2009's response:
And there needs to be more woman like ya'll. I would love to please my wife on a daily bases, shes just not interested.

J5DC2 replied to trynforhappieness's response:
I agree, from reading some of these posts, I am lucky because there are as many woman as man who face this issue.

There were times in our marriage when we would go for weeks at the time without making love. The times when we had new babies or an illness. I know how it feels not being able to make love to your spause whom you love and desire with all your heart.

Once we stopped having children things changed, we have more time for eachother and life is great! We make it a point to have a date almost every evening, we tell our two younger childres (11 and 13) that at 9:00 PM it's mom and dad's time and we are off parenting duties, my wife and I go to one of our family rooms and close the door, watch tv, talk, etc. This is our way to stay connected. And, of course, making love almost every night is another way to stay connected.

Spend time along with your spause, but this has to be planned and it has to be intentional. Nothing happnes by chance, I know, I am stating the obvious, but sometimes we need to hear it from someone else.

Good luck to all!

Stella_1967 replied to Anon_161860's response:
I wish my husband would as well...married 2 months and together 3 years and we have not made love in 3 weeks..starting to wonder if there's something wrong...ugh

Stella_1967 replied to trynforhappieness's response:
well my husband doesn't want it either...geez

Helpful Tips

Ways to narrow the vagina
There are 3 ways to narrow the vagina: 1 - the exercise of certain conditions of intercourse: Read more... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 3 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit Dr. Becker-Phelps' website