Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Dildo use
Anon_237570 posted:
I don't mean to offend anyone this is just a question that I really need answered. Are there any infections/std's that could be transmitted from a dildo? I am wondering if Herpes could be contracted from this. I used one a few times and now there is a blister like sore down there. It looks like a herpes sore. I went to the doctor to be tested for this and am awaiting the results. I was too embarrassed to ask this question to him. Are there any other infections that could be spread? Honestly I didn't think about washing it until after the fact so now I am very concerned. My doctor placed me on valvacyclovir hcl (500 mg) for 10 days to help clear up the sores. He said it looked like Herpes but the culture would take a few days for any results. I really appreciate your feed back.

Other symptoms include white discharge and just being irritated down there. Swollen opening a little bit as well. No pain while urinating though. I've been on the medication for 5 days now and the sores are still there. No real apparent change either by looking at them.

thank you so much for your help.

Anon_161860 responded:
Most STD's (except hep can't live outside the human body for any amount of time. They are usually transmitted through direct body fluid or skin to skin contact.

tuck178 replied to Anon_161860's response:
B

GuardSquealer responded:
Were you using it alone? Did you use lubrication? Had it been used on anyone else?

Helpful Tips

sexually frustrated 2
fighting is healthy in a relationship as long as it's calm and there are boundaries set on both sides. there is bad fighting or as you ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 1 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit Dr. Becker-Phelps' website