Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Young with NO sex drive
AlanasMom21610 posted:
Im only 20 years old, i do have an 18 month old daughter. My ex-fiance' and I have obviously had some problems or he wouldnt be an ex, BUT we are working things out. I have absolutely NO sex drive, i have no desire to have sex, i give in because i dont want to ruin what we have going for us, but when we have sex i can feel it physically but never emotionally. I tend to even avoid anything sexual or anything that could possibly turn him on knowing that it will lead to sex. And honestly feel no desire to ever have sex again, i dont want sex and dont even like thinking about it. I do have a bit of stress, i am NOT on birth control or any other medications. If anyone knows what may be going on please give me any information you may have, im open to ANY suggestions, i want my family back, but without a sex drive i fear i will lose the man I love, the father of my child. Please help!

rbb85 responded:
I am having the same problem! Im only 26 and I hate sex!! I would be perfectly happy with never having sex again and I feel so sorry for my husband!! He has to beg me for sex and then Im just waiting on him to hurry up so it will be over! Im so scared that it is going to ruin my marriage!!

GuardSquealer replied to rbb85's response:
I can tell both of you that you need to seek help if you do not want to ruin your marriages. My first marriage ended because of my wifes lack of interest in sex. And that was over twenty years ago, he current husband recently contacted me after having the same problems that her and I had, wanting details of our problems. He hung in there a lot longer than I was willing to. But their marriage is coming to an end also due to the same problem.

So seek counseling, talk to your doctors, do what ever you have to do if you want to maintain a relationship.

FCL responded:
Have you always felt this way about sex or is it a recent thing? Is it sex with him or sex with anyone that bothers you?

What are you doing to work out your other issues?
There's nothing inherently dirty about sex, but if you try real hard and use your imagination you can overcome that.

FCL replied to rbb85's response:
Have you always felt this way about sex or is it a recent thing? Is it sex with him or sex with anyone that bothers you? Do you ever experience any pleasure from sex at all? Are you on BC? Are you taking any meds? Are you afraid of sex? Have you ever been sexually abused? Are you afraid of "letting go"? Do you have any children?

Please give us a bit more information to help us help you.
There's nothing inherently dirty about sex, but if you try real hard and use your imagination you can overcome that.

AlanasMom21610 replied to FCL's response:
Ive never been really into sex. But it started being like this once i got pregnant with my daughter in 2009. And its like this with anyone, when we broke up i talked to someone else and tried seeing if it was the same with them and it was i was very distant from the guy. My finace' and I are back together now so theres no issues there anymore, but i still have absolutely NO sex drive at all.

FCL replied to AlanasMom21610's response:
As having your daughter seems to have aggravated the situation, it might be worthwhile getting a full checkup from your gyn. Explain your concern and ask for your hormone levels to be tested. What is there to lose?

Health Insurance in Your State

Learn about plans, benefits, and costs in your state's Marketplace.

From WebMD

Helpful Tips

Tips on Lubricant UseExpert
Many people have questions about how to use lubricant for more comfortable, pleasurable sex. Here are some tips you might consider: 1. ... More
Was this Helpful?
33 of 45 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit Dr. Becker-Phelps' website