Skip to content
Sexual Blackout
An_240438 posted:
So my partner and I have sexual intercourse and she passes out sometimes when she climaxes. She will stop breathing, sometimes her eyes roll back, other times she'll have her eyes open and be alert but her hearing is gone for around 30 seconds. What is going on? Does anyone have any information about this? This scares the hell out of me and I need to know what can be done.

BalconyBelle responded:
Here are some things to narrow down & possibly eliminate: Does she have a history of Sleep Apnea? Epilepsy? Narcolepsy? Seizures?

If the answer is yes, then both of you need to talk to her doctor immediately regarding what's happening.

If the answer is no...you still might want to speak to a doctor to address your concerns, but there are a few things I'd like you to consider first.

For starters...is she truly not breathing? Or merely doing so quietly/shallowly? I'm guessing she's pretty excited right before blacking out, and the sudden absence of noise might be contributing to the perception that she's not breathing, when she really is. An easy way to tell if this is the case is to put a small mirror near her lips and nose--if it fogs, she's breathing.

Eyes rolling back isn't necessarily a problem. Mine do it fairly regularly when I'm in the grip of an intense climax; heck, even getting a back massage from my fiance in just the right way is enough to cause my eyes to roll back in pleasure.

The temporary loss of hearing is also something I've experienced--and it's purely related to stimulation over-load. My fiance literally blows my mind & I'm so wrapped up in coming down off an orgasmic high that it takes a while for me to come back to my senses.

From what it sounds like (unless there's a medical condition in her history that would lend a hazardous edge to the proceedings), you drive your partner absolutely wild in bed, and there's nothing you need to worry about. You're simply having (for her at least) mind-blowing sex. That's just my opinion, & I'd encourage you to discuss it with a medical professional if you'd like further confirmation/reassurance.
http://erynlockhart.wordpress.com

Helpful Tips

Difficulty having an orgasm?Expert
Try reading Becoming Orgasmic: A Sexual and Personal Growth Program for Women by Julia Heiman , Joseph Ph.D. LoPiccolo and David ... More
Was this Helpful?
5 of 7 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit Dr. Becker-Phelps' website