Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
do any other females find they can't orgasm from sex?
An_240390 posted:
love sex, i crave sexual intercourse, and have always wanted it with my sexual partners. however, i can never orgasm from penetration. clitoral stimulation i can, but not from actual sex. i've been told as you get older (closer to 30's) you do. i'm in my 20's. any other women have this problem? it's not the men, i can't even find my own 'g-spot' through penetration. is this common?

Take the Poll

FEMALES, do you orgasm easily (if at all) from sexual intercourse?
  • yes
  • no
  • never
  • rarely
vote
View Poll Results

GuardSquealer responded:
Not that I have been with a huge amount, but I have never been with a woman that could orgasm from intercourse. One sort of could, but really she only did when she would be on top, and she would grind her clitoris against my pelvis until she orgasmed.

Elle0317 responded:
I never have from just intercourse alone, I need clitoral stimulation if I'm going to orgasm.

tlkittycat1968 responded:
I've been sexually active for 21 years now (I'm 42) and have never orgasmed via sexual intercourse alone; I need clitoral stimulation to orgasm.

This is common. Up to 70% of women need some sort of clitoral stimulation to orgasm.

bob249 replied to tlkittycat1968's response:
A "few" years ago I attended sex education classes.

Pity this information wasn't made available then.

Just imagine how many girls/women would have gotten the needed stimulation to fully enjoy the experience ...

EliseJ_02 responded:
can orgasm through sexual intercourse alone only when i am on top when in other positions i need more than my s.o. can go so usually paired with oral or clitoral stimulation

confusedbutexcited2010 responded:
I have to play my clit while being penetrated and i can orgasm over and over again...No other way works for me, if i'm not doing it then he has to do it and the fingers have to be wet! It's something about the slippery feeling that get's me going...I think experimenting with your own body aides in being able to orgasm and doing it effectively...I often wonder how is it possible that there are women out here that have never experienced that feeling......

J5DC2 replied to confusedbutexcited2010's response:
My wife of 15 plus years can't orgasm from penetration either. I think this is fairly common thing. She can if she is on top, but that's the only way. In order for her to orgasm I give he oral or use my fingers.

Speaking of orgasms, how common is it for a female not to be able to achieve multiple organsms? My wife has never been able to have more than one. She says that with one she feels like she is floating in the air and she just feels all drained of all energy. I have tried to convince her to let's try for another one, but she tells me that she can't. She stays too sensitive for a while after one.

I am just corious since this is not an issue in our marriage because we still make love every day, I like multiples and some times I have 2 while she has one, so it works great.

confusedbutexcited2010 replied to J5DC2's response:
The question is how do you have two???????? I think that is rather rare (at least in my home)

Not sure how common it is for women to have multiple orgasms... I can understand her being drained afterwards cause it takes a lot out of you, but were designed to keep going and going like the energizer rabbit ( at least i am)...I would having multiple would depend on how turned on she is and how important it is for her to keep going...some women do not have the same sexual energy so what works for me, may be different for her...

J5DC2 replied to confusedbutexcited2010's response:
Believe it or not, it's not uncommon, at least that's what I think. I have always been able to have multiple ones. When I was younger I could have 3 or 4, now that I am in my late 40s I can do 2, maybe 3 if have not have any for a few days.

Or maybe it's rare and that's why my wife calls me superman! but to me there is nothing super about it I just love her, desire her and I can't never get enough of her.

For whatever is worth, I have to say that I have always take care of myself as far as beinga ctive and eating healthy.

alaska_mommy replied to J5DC2's response:
I usually only have one orgasm and feel satisfied and done. I have maybe had times where it seemed like 2, or times where I've had one and wanted more. But most of the time I just want one and then done!
For me it depends on how often I'm getting it. If it's not as often I might be inclined to need/want more than one orgasm to feel satisfied.

An_240390 replied to tlkittycat1968's response:
well at least im not of a small percentage. i feel like ive been jipped out of something though! men get to orgasm from sex so easily.

georgiagail replied to An_240390's response:
If you'll review some of the posts over on the Men's Health board, you'll find that the idea that "men get to orgasm from sex so easily" to be an inaccurate statement for many males.

Gail

Helpful Tips

FIRST TIME
I have been dating someone for around 10 months and he told me he like to talk dirty while having sex, this is my first time talking dirty ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 1 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit Dr. Becker-Phelps' website