Skip to content

Announcements

Attention All WebMD Community Members:

These message boards are closed to posting. Please head on over to our new WebMD Message Boards to check out and participate in the great conversations taking place: https://messageboards.webmd.com/

How can a Vagina become suddenly loose?
    An_240492 posted:
    I have been married for a year now and our sex life has been great up until two months ago. My wife and I have been having problems. I broke my foot in three places and I was put on Percocet. When I was taking the medicine, I could not maintain an erection. That along with the argument was placing strain on our relationship. After being with the same person sexualy for a while, you can tell if something is different. We have never had an issue with size. We seemed to fit eachother perfect. But recently I have noticed that my wife's vagina does not feel the same. I cant feel her while having sex. She has become loose.

I want to know if there is any medical reason that could cause a vagina to become looser. I fear that she has been with someone else.

SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME!

tlkittycat1968 responded:
    No, a vagina will not become loose. It's possible you are not as hard as usual or your wife is more lubricated. Both will cause a vagina to not feel as tight.

I, for one, would be greatly offended if my partner accused me of cheating and the only "evidence" he had was that my vagina felt looser.

fcl responded:
    As PP said, vaginas don't suddenly start flapping in the wind. I also agree that either your erection isn't as firm as it was before or that she is wetter than she was before. How is the rest of your relationship? Is there anything else that makes she's not happy with your marriage?
    There's nothing inherently dirty about sex, but if you try real hard and use your imagination you can overcome that.

Gschulgen1983 replied to tlkittycat1968's response:
    I have not accused and will not. I know that she loves me with all her heart. Those thaughts were just the devil playing with me. My wife and I have had our ups and downs but we both know that we love eachother no matter what. Everyone has their issues, it is how we deal with them that will make us or break us. I honestly feel that my wife would never do something like that to me. I was just being parinoid. We have made love since then and noticed that I was wrong. You are probably right, i was not fully erect and she might have just been really excited and wetter then usual. I appreciate your comments. Thanks again.

shannons_grrl replied to Gschulgen1983's response:
    Gschulgen1983, YES YES YES this can absolutely happen, it has happened to ME. I am a 34 year old female...3 years ago, after the birth of my 3rd child, (c-section) I started having a loose vagina. It happened all of a sudden and I have no idea why. She is 3 now and I have researched for the answer for all 3 years now, because i am devastated. During my pregnancy, they had to put me on progesterone, I think it caused it somehow, or is being caused by some type of hormonal imbalance. I went to the gyno last week finally ( we have no health insurance or i would have sooner) and she did diagnose me with vagina prolapes, which i know is causing some of the looseness, but i think i still have something hormonally wrong because my libido is zero and my nipples are not sensitive anymore. I hope this helps yall out.

debbiehurst responded:
    Maybe from having sex alot or too rough and after childbirth. Try to using myotaut serum. that is the way to make vagina tight and women can use after giving birth. It when you tighten your vaginal muscles and keep using. Google it! goodluck

Voiceoftruth responded:
    I'll tell you my two cents on the situation and you take it for what it is. I had the same situation one day I noticed that my wife's vagina didn't feel the same here and there and I thought it was kind a loose or just not the same as usual. Shortly there after I found out she had been cheating on me exclamation what you're probably feeling is the after affects of her having sex with another man behind your back and that's exactly what happened to me and exactly what you're describing. I do pray that that is not the issue but please do not think that your relationship for the woman you're with is better than tha I do pray that that is not the issue but please do not think that your relationship for the woman you're with is better than that, or it couldn't happen in your relationship because you would only be lying to yourself . The fact is more married women are cheating on their husbands then ever before and I guarantee someone very close to you has had it happened at them to It's food for thought and if it does come out to be what I'm saying just remember you heard it from the voice of truth

donedge replied to Voiceoftruth's response:
    Voiceoftruth.....

Have you thought of seeing a psychiatrist ?.....................

brew_fool replied to Voiceoftruth's response:
    Are you for real? Sounds like you have a guilt complex

Xxcloroxx responded:
    For all the "people" here who claim that it's impossible for vaginal taughtness to be an indicator of infidelity... Nothing is impossible. I think that this is one of those things that's like "shhhhh" amongst women. I have had sex, then had sex again 20 minutes later, and the vagina was nowhere near as tight as when initial sex took place. So its very possible that if your wife just finished having sex with another man, and then you come in, it will be looser. Consequently, a woman's vagina stretches and remains somewhat loose for 6 months after childbirth, so, if she had sex with a "large" man, wouldn't it stand to reason that she'd be looser for 6 months afterwards. Divorce her.

tlkittycat1968 replied to Xxcloroxx's response:
    Um, no. I have inserted a tampon right after having sex (I was on my period) and did not have any trouble keeping it in. If my vagina was indeed larger, the tampon would not have stayed in.

Anon_475 replied to Xxcloroxx's response:
    Having sex 20minutes after the first round will almost certainly guarantee that your partner's vagina felt looser - it's because she would be so much wetter the ssecond time. It's not rocket science. As for comparing the size of a penis with the size of a baby well ... that's wishful thinking at it's best LOL

ROMEI1988 responded:
    This is happening to me right now and I can assure you I hav and I can assure you I am NOT cheating on my husband. I got the IUD in June and it has been started to become loose. My husband started to mention it to me and I also started to notice in the bathroom when I wipe myself it goes in deeper without me trying. I have a GYN appointment on Monday and we'll discuss it with her. I will update afterwards on what she tells me. I have had two c-sections and no vaginal births.

Carebear120 responded:
    Hey all I know is that if someone is big already you won't know but you can know by behavior change and size certain signature moves change or unwanted in the bedroom let's just say I know a guy that got paid for sex and helping the women come up with stories to cover up was his special talent so hey you know your wife better than us but if you can answer the questions of size change behavior sex manners then you know

Helpful Tips

Difficulty having an orgasm?Expert
    Try reading Becoming Orgasmic: A Sexual and Personal Growth Program for Women by Julia Heiman , Joseph Ph.D. LoPiccolo and David ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    6 of 9 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit Dr. Becker-Phelps' website