Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
sex after 60 for women
An_240859 posted:
I am 60 and i have no sex desire at all, so what should I do.

Anon_16867 responded:
think u kind of answered ur own question..u have no desire for it so what is left to do...

blake_valentine replied to Anon_16867's response:
Hmm, I think we should dig a little deeper. You've posted on this board, so clearly you are not happy with having no sex drive, but we don't know whether it's because you think you should have one, and you don't, or because you are having issues in your current relationship, if you are in one. So post again giving us more background on your situation. There are answers; do not lose hope.

gladimadeit replied to blake_valentine's response:
This is in response to Blake_Valentine. I loved sex like you would not believe until after I went through menopause. Then after that it went south, and for the last 2 years it is just not my priority at all. When I do have sex I have an orgasm still and I do not have any problem with dryness at all, but I just don't have a desire at all you might say. Therefore is does or has casue some conflict in our marriage. I really would like to have my sex desire back, as I have tried numerous supplement with no results at all. I really would like to have a sex drive again. Thanks to Blake_Valentine for your interest in me.

fcl replied to gladimadeit's response:
You say you've tried all kinds of supplements but have you tried HRT?
There's nothing inherently dirty about sex, but if you try real hard and use your imagination you can overcome that.

gladimadeit replied to fcl's response:
Reply to FCL. No I have not, as I am not sure about this being the safe thing to do, as I have heard so much about the risk of cancer.

georgiagail replied to gladimadeit's response:
Do you have a history of cancer?

If not, then you need to discuss whether hormone replacement therapy might help with your gynecologist.

Unfortunately, the OTC supplements you have taken are worthless for improving the situation. That's because the issue is due to lack of hormones after undergoing menopause and not because of a vitamin or mineral deficiency.

Gail

Helpful Tips

Implanon
I've had my Implanon for a little over a year now and I haven't suffered any of the side effects mentioned. I have a regular period every ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 0 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit Dr. Becker-Phelps' website