Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
My boyfriend doesn't last long
lilmisscollege posted:
I love my boyfriend and we have a great relationship but when it comes to sex he doesn't last long especially when we are in a good position for me. When we have sex for the first time in the day I don't even bother holding my breath cause I know it's going to be over soon. When we discussed it he told me he never had this issue before and that his penis needs to get used to me because the sex is overwhelming. I can't even moan at this point because it gets him too excited. I like to have sex a lot but I am at a point where I kind of don't want to do it because I don't want the disappointment and frustration. He says if we were living together or didn't live so far from each other, and were able to have sex more often then it wouldn't be this way but I am not sure if that is the case. Is there anything I can do to help him or us?

elle0317 responded:
If you don't have sex very often of course he is not going to last as long. He is right, the more you do it, the longer he will last. He can masturbate earlier in the day before has has sex with you and that may help. This is a common problem with younger men, they are easliy excited, take it as a compliment. Does he have the energy to go again, with some rest, after the first ejaculation? I know when I was younger I too had a b/f who shot quick, but he was able to for a long time after that first one.

zabroza86 responded:
Have you tried stopping mid-action? (like no movement what-so-ever).
Is every time you are together, just once or multiple times? Maybe he hasn't "played" and the excitement of being with you sexually just makes him finish fast.

I know when I was sleeping with my BF we would get overwhelmed and have to stop and kinda recharge for a quick minute. It was really difficult for me to stay still, every part, but if you can "focus" haha then it's possible. Sorry not laughing at you, I'm laughing at myself o_O.

Personally, I don't think living together will make things any better. I would think the anticipation and build up of days apart should make the experience more worthwhile.

HTH

lilmisscollege replied to zabroza86's response:
Yeah we've tried the whole stopping and taking a breather... and I know what you mean about sometimes it being too hard to stay still haha... I guess my only concern is that there have been plenty of days that we have done it multiple times but it still doesnt last that long after the first time. I'm sure I just need to be patient but we've been dating 10 months and it's getting tougher to deal with lol

Jumper2011 replied to lilmisscollege's response:
Have you tried desensitizing condoms? Or just condoms in general? Both tend to desensitize the penis allowing a guy to last a little longer. The desensitizing condom actually has a gel inside the condom that desensitizes the penis. Typically though, a condom itself is enough to take the edge off.

Anon_6207 replied to Jumper2011's response:
I agree with jumper2011. Condoms makes a HUGE difference to how long I last.

I must admit I sometimes orgasm very quickly. I almost always use oral sex/my hands first to get my wife to have an orgasm. She minds much less then if I don't last too long during intercourse afterwards.
If condoms don't help this might be your best solution.

starhero responded:
I know, having sex smoothes worried mind. One one can live without it. Daily i dream of having sex at dead of night. Because i have a great sex. But Believe me or not, i have never had sex with anyone. Because i have no partner. Plz give me a chance. Plz do not forget me.

stevesmw responded:
I've dealt with this issue most of my life. Intercourse is difficult because what feels good to you may be over stimulating to him. I've found that the longer I can last, the longer I can last. Stopping can be frustrating to the partner but until he can get control of his orgasm, the problem won't go away. My suggestion that he give you an orgasm manually or orally and then both of you work on him getting control of his response. If by starting and stopping he can get to 5 minutes continuously, he can last a long time, more than enough to satisfy you. Alternately he can withdraw and stimulate manually and reeenter you when he feels that he isn't close to orgasm. His penis needs to get used to being inside you.

Helpful Tips

Tips on Lubricant UseExpert
Many people have questions about how to use lubricant for more comfortable, pleasurable sex. Here are some tips you might consider: 1. ... More
Was this Helpful?
33 of 45 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit Dr. Becker-Phelps' website