Skip to content
Is this normal?
An_241258 posted:
Hi,

I am very inlove with my boyfriend and I find him very attractive. However some times when he is initiating sex, I dont really feel that attracted, nor really attractive myself. I don't want to 'knock him back' so I usually give in and do enjoy myself but am not really into it. He noticed on the last occasion that I wasn't really into it and asked whether I loved him. I assured him I did. I think it's hormonal, am i correct?

It was nothing to do with technique or attractiveness. I just simply didn't feel much into doing it. Is it normal to go through bouts like this? It's very rarely for me but i have noticed it now and then.

BalconyBelle responded:
My guess is it has nothing to do with your level of attraction or love--you're just not in the mood to have sex all the time, and occasionally, you're not in the mood to have sex when he is. It's completely normal, and while hormones play a part, everyone experiences times when they're just not in the mood.
http://erynlockhart.wordpress.com

dfgbull responded:
These kind of differences are quite common (usually but not always with the man wanting it more than the woman). You have already seen the potential problem with this situation. Your BF response is also very common. Men are extremely sensitive to feeling personally rejected when you say no, or even if you just go along with it. You need to make sure he knows you love him (he may have trouble believing this) when you are not in the mood and if this is a common occurrence for you it will have a negative impact on your relationship.

Helpful Tips

Premature ejaculation- helpful hintsExpert
Several things that can help Condoms with benzocaine. This is similar to medicine the dentist use for numbing. It is at a lower dose and ... More
Was this Helpful?
42 of 69 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit Dr. Becker-Phelps' website