Skip to content
Friends With Benefits
Chris_WebMD_Staff posted:

Can you have sex and just be friends?
For you, can you keep your heart out of sex?

Chrissy~

Life is too short, so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly and forgive quickly.
Author Unknown
FirstPrevious12NextLast

GuardSquealer responded:
I don't think so. At least I wouldn't be able to. I generally fell in love with every woman that I made love to. I think it would be awkward afterwards to just be friendly and not loving.

FCL responded:
I have done. And my FWB are still friends to this day. We were both far away from home and came from similar backgrounds. We were friends and we knew it was just for sex from the start and it was never anything more. He was thrilled for me when I met the man who is now my husband. I was at his wedding

Yes, no-strings sex is possible.
There's nothing inherently dirty about sex, but if you try real hard and use your imagination you can overcome that.

J5DC2 replied to GuardSquealer's response:
GuardSquealer,
I agree with you, I can't do it either because to me sex is more than just a recreational act. I have been this way my entire life and I am now in my late 40s. In any case, judging from my experiences of what I have seen, heard, and lived, it seems to me like females are more in tune with these types of arragements. Of course, you could argue that it takes 2 to tango, which is true, nevertheless, I think, most men would fall in love with someone they have sex with, but most would not admit it.

BTW, I don't mean this about females in any derogatoy manner, just my observations drawn from life experiences.

Anon_16867 responded:
used to work with 15 women on the nite shift...all kinds ...i wanted so bad to have me a fwb with a few but it did not happen...the one i wanted we were the best of friends and she said she dont sleep with her friends...she even let me rub all over her and she said that she was not too big on sex even tho she was hot as hell...we both had feeling for each other but i think mine was little bit stronger than hers...sometimes it can be best too not have sex with friends unless u 2 get it str8 before u have sex..or it can mess up a good friendship

anna189 responded:
I never thought I would but I have a fwb and love it. After two serious relationships that went wrong I finally realized that I love sex just by itself. I'm still waiting for that special guy and I date a lot trying to find him. But trying to go without sex until I find somebody I fall in love with is too depressing. I can only masturbate so much before I want the real thing.

After breaking up with the last man I was serious about I found out I missed the sex but not the man. I have a great guy friend. We have known each other since high school just more like buddies. He dates, I date, and we're both looking for serious relationships, just not with each other.

As good of friends as we are we could never be serious about each other. But we trust each other completely and when either of us (usually me needs some attention, we just get together. We usually catch a movie or just hang out for a while then head for the bedroom. The sex is light and fresh and It's been 2 years now and we both love the arragement.

LikeAButterfly responded:
Im in college and not looking for a full time relationship being so busy with school. Im bi and my dorm room mate is also my FWB plus we have a male FWB for when we want that. It works perfect for all of us. Especially him hes really a nice guy and a good friend. And he sure has no complaints with two girls at once.

Its all just for fun now and yes we keep out hearts out of it. When Im ready to settle down thats when my heart will be in it but not until Im done with school.

callig4567 replied to LikeAButterfly's response:
Oh My! This goes back to Freshman year in College - 1968! I was a small town girl from Nevada and my roomie was from San Francisco. It was the Summer of Love in California and Shelia brought all sorts of sex without emotional attachment to our dorm room. Even when we had relationships with boys we'd get all hot and bothered for each other without any hang ups. Lots of exploration. Was it that long ago? If you can find that BFF - do it!

LikeAButterfly replied to callig4567's response:
It wasnt until college that I got up the courage to act on my interest in other girls. My room mate has been my best friend since grade school and it just happened one night when we were studying. In fact I was her first girl too and that helped make it so nice. I dont think I could ever actually fall in love with another girl so the bff part made it so easy. But we both like sex with guys too and we both knew Greg from high school and always thought he was a hunk. We got talking and decided as close as we are anyway we could share him. Its a big university and already knowing him made it feel safe and easy and convenient and like I said he sure loves the arrangement. And no jealousy between us when one or the other wants him by ourself like on a week night. But weekends its usually all 3 of us.

J5DC2 replied to Anon_16867's response:
To the risk of being old fashioned and politically incorrect I will speak my mind, which I often do, and sometimes I offend people. But if people get offended perhaps they should keep things to themselves and not advertise it in the Internet for the entire world to see it.
I have been wondering where you draw the line between prostitution and friends with benefits! Because it seems to me that you could have more than one friend with benefits. So, do you draw the line on the fact that with prostitution there is money involved and friends with benefits is free! Both provide a service one for money and the other for free. From what I have read these arrangements are made between people who don't want to commit to a relationship or they are looking for the right person to come along, but in the mean time they want to have sex and they get it from a "friend" fro free. Some would get it from a prostitute for money.

FCL replied to J5DC2's response:
I really don't get how you equate FWB and prostitutes. The main thing with prostitutes is that this is how theyearn their living. FWBs don't. The idea of FWBs may offend you but it is purely recreational not professional.
There's nothing inherently dirty about sex, but if you try real hard and use your imagination you can overcome that.

anna189 replied to J5DC2's response:
I'm not sure if any of that was directed at me, but I feel sorry for you if you consider sex to be some sort of "business transaction" that takes place. At least for me, I'm having fun, casual, relaxed sex with a person who is a long time friend and I can trust. And so is he. Without all the manipulation and head games that people play with each other in the dating world. We're friends first, and sex partners second, get it?

Excuse me, but neither of us is "servicing " anybody. And your insinuation that either of us is a prostitute for not following your rules is offensive to me. Maybe you should keep that to yourself.

bob249 replied to J5DC2's response:
J5DC2 ,

Whether from your upbringing, your religion, or other -

you have an erroneous view on sex from the female perspective.

Women DO have a sex drive other than to have babies.
Unfortunately, it's hit-or-miss if one says she is horny out loud.

Why? Because the misinformed (like yourself) immediately believe that woman is a whore, or similar negative connotation.

Since there are many like yourself, That is why you almost never hear a woman say that.

Food for thought:
If your father had passed an X chromosome instead of a Y,
YOU would be a woman. It was a 50-50 chance. IF you were a woman, consider how you would now think about sex.

And especially at times when YOU were horny ...

lvnglf75 replied to J5DC2's response:
yes, prostitution is recieveing sex for money, and no those arent considered the same standard, I feel I am crossed in the inbetween, I grew up old fashioned so the new age thinking about sex has been hard for to change my view point on...I dont know anymore, how people think a serious relationship is or how they can morally condone having sex w/o having feelings for someone I cant do that but to each his own....Honestly, I dont know how to feel about sex lol, I have been through alot and so, has really messed me up...so but this will at least answer your question, so good luck lol..

lvnglf75 replied to anna189's response:
easy everyone has a right to questions, you never know the answer unless the question is asked right? You ask questions to learn...just saying..

Helpful Tips

Clueless
I recently started a relationship and booth my boyfriend and I where tested, everything came out negative, so we started having unprotected ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 0 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit Dr. Becker-Phelps' website