Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Specialty condoms and stimulation (ladies)
callig4567 posted:
Well, Hubby came home Friday with a big box of condoms that he'd bought at the drug store. I'm past child bearing so we don't need condoms but he thought these would turn me on and I could see it was giving his libido a real rush. Not mentioning the name of the manufacturer but it was a 48 pack and contained several condoms; with "hundreds of unique raised dots", several with "uniquely positioned ribs", several with "stimulating ribs and dots and warming lube to turn the heat up in the bedroom", and several with "uniquely positioned ribs and raised dots to increase stimulation." I made him happy with the normal banter in the heat of passion — but honestly — none of them really did anything more for me. Aside from a much easier clean up for me - less so for him. Anyone else (ladies) have better luck (stimulation) with high performance condoms?
Aside; part of the packet was flavored condoms in orange, banana, strawberry and kiwi. Him semen does not phase me (swallowing) but I have to admit that I gave him oral twice and the flavored were nice. Change of pace.

georgiagail responded:
Because the vagina actually doesn't have a lot of nerve endings, many of those raised dots/uniquely positioned ribs, etc. condoms really don't do much of anything for the female.

There may be heightened excitement at the "thought" of using these but that's about it.

Gail

wonderingaboutthis responded:
Your experience is exaclty what I learned from my wife after getting sucked in and buying a bunch of expensive condoms with doo-dads all over them. We don;lt need condoms either and never use them, but I was sure these things were going to give her such a thrill so I fell for them. Her reply was (with a sheepish grin) "ummmm...am I supposed to feel something here"? followed by "take that damned thing off and get back inside me, I like you and not fluorescent green bumpy hunks of latex".

Waste of money....

kaydentaylorsmom replied to wonderingaboutthis's response:
think they just hurt.. rub me the wrong way. plus you guys seem old enough to know where the real pleasure bump is.... its not all about whats inside although it feels good. its the clitoral stimulation that does it. try a small vibrator to heat things up.

TheBeesKnee responded:
The only "Enhanced" condoms I would recommend are the her pleasures by Trojan, they have a an extra amount of high quality lube on them and it really helps for those who have a dryness problems.

To me the ones with the bumps and lumps and ribs just remind me of those Russian towers

BalconyBelle replied to TheBeesKnee's response:
The ribbed/dotted condoms actually can feel better for me if:
  • it's round two & I'm loosened up & very wet
  • he starts off slow
  • most of the thrusting after initial stretch is fairly vigorous in and out--if he's mostly shallow, or mostly deep, I won't really feel the difference.
I'm lucky that I can climax vaginally--I am sensitive internally, and starting off with a novelty condom is uncomfortable because it's adding more bulk to an already tight fit, it's not as smooth as my guy is naturally, and it's just harder for my body to accept no matter how well-lubed I am.

On round two, I've already been stretched, I've already climaxed, and so has he. He's generally not quite as hard/erect or as urgent on round two, so it's easier to fit & give my body time to adjust--and that's when benefits of the novelty condom come in. Condoms tend to dull the sensation for him, so he'll last longer, which gives me more time to enjoy feeling him move inside me--it's definitely different.

Without them, I'm wet enough on the second round that sometimes I can't feel him--all I feel is pressure while he moves. With them, I get an extended version of round one--I can feel every move he makes, and even a little extra stimulation from the ribs/ect if he strokes a certain way.
http://erynlockhart.wordpress.com

Helpful Tips

pain having sex
Try putting a pillow under your hips. Lubricate is important. Good luck More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 0 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit Dr. Becker-Phelps' website