Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Vaginal Dryness, as a teenager, and solutions?
An_241784 posted:
I am not sure what is wrong, but when me and my fiancé are having sex we have to stop because I am completely dried up and it because of me being too dry it hurts too bad to tough it out. The other day I was literally dripping wet, but it keeps going back and forth. I will be dry for a few weeks then I will get really wet for a few days. We were having sex this morning, but we had to stop because of the dryness, and then i am swollen and it is sore and very uncomfortable for the rest of the day. I am just doing some research online, and I think it it as simple as being Vaginal Dryness. I found that Replens is a highly recommended product and am considering giving it a try but I wanted to get other opinions first. Is this a good idea and does it sound like Vaginal Dryness? Please help.

georgiagail responded:
We produce fluids during arousal but we're not fountains of the stuff. It also dries very quickly.

Use one of the many sexual lubricants on the market.

Gail

PleaseHelpMeh replied to georgiagail's response:
I only was able to be wet for maybe five minutes and I wasn't that wet at all during that time though. I am looking for a different solution besides lubricants, but thank you!

Anon_475 replied to PleaseHelpMeh's response:
Why don't you want to use a lube? That's what they're made for.

tmlmtlrl replied to PleaseHelpMeh's response:
Are you looking for a magic pill then? Seriously, you are probably sabotaging yourself by worrying/thinking about it too much in the first place. Absolutely get you some lube and use it every single time you have sex. There's nothing wrong with using it. There are products out there that do a great job at simulating your normal wetness.

Also, how much oral sex are you receiving? I would think after having some focused time down there you would be able to be and stay wet, no?

And, speak up when you start to get dry!! Don't wait until you're in pain like that. You may feel uncomfortable about it but if your partner keeps causing you pain it might make him uncomfortable about having sex with you (cause he doesn't want to hurt you).

At least try keeping yourself lubed up and see how it goes. It could seriously help your sex life... it's NOT going to hurt it!

AlexKatehakis responded:
There is nothing wrong with using lube and definitely nothing to be ashamed of. If it doesn't feel 'natural' to you, you may want to consider using an organic lube (Sliquid makes a great one!)

Also, are you getting enough Omega 3 oils? Taking a fish oil supplement or eating more salmon and foods rich in Omega 3 can also sometimes help your body's natural lubricating process.

georgiagail replied to AlexKatehakis's response:
Many women note varying levels of wetness during their cycle. They may notice changes in both libido and wetness (both increased) during ovulation.

Again, the wetness produced during arousal is not going to be a continued fountain. If the intercourse is prolonged or vigorous it can cause drying of the vaginal membranes which can rapidly lead to pain. The fear of pain will work the opposite in terms of allowing arousal for future sexual events.

Gail

Helpful Tips

FIRST TIME
I have been dating someone for around 10 months and he told me he like to talk dirty while having sex, this is my first time talking dirty ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 1 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit Dr. Becker-Phelps' website