Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
A little confused?
Anon_22081 posted:
My partner and I have been sexually active for almost a year and a half now and just recently I started noticing that he hasnt been ejaculating after sex. Majority of the time we would have unprotected sex, but since condoms have come into play we have been using protection. Things seem to get pretty hot and heated between us, but yet he isnt finishing? Could this be my fault or it something with him?

tlkittycat1968 responded:
Some men find that condoms lessen the sensations and find they can't orgasm while wearing them. If this non-ejaculation started when you started using condoms, that could be the problem.

Poopie75 responded:
My partner does the same thing. After the first go round he ejaculates, but if we go a second time, he will let me get as many orgasms as I can and slowly he will ease up and then stop. I was wondering the same thing and asked him why didn't he finish. He said It is harder to ejaculate the second time. It doesn't happen all the time, but when it does I fell like it's me. He said no. He is 45 and I am 36. I was wondering if it was an age issue and I wanted it more, but he said no. I don't know if it's a health issue or just something that happens. I'm glad you posted this, because I'm just as confused as you are. Maybe it's more common than we know.

georgiagail replied to Poopie75's response:
It would be quite normal for a male to take a certain amount of time to be able to ejaculate a second time.

It has nothing to do with you and everything to do with male physiology.

Gail

jss123 replied to Poopie75's response:
Its MUCH harder to ejaculate a second time.
In my case I struggle to ejaculate a second time especially if the first orgasm was an intense one.
I normally take over half an hour to be able to ejaculate again. Often at that point you start getting tired and just want to stop.

As Gail says its got nothing to do with you. We often just can't ejaculate again. Believe me we really want to. Its just not possible. <sigh>

queston replied to Poopie75's response:
Actually, you should be happy that your partner is game for a second round at all. At 45, it can take a good long while for many men to get another erection after ejaculating.

Anon_22081 replied to tlkittycat1968's response:
Thanks for the replies everyone! I really do hope its just the condom lessening the sensation.

Helpful Tips

FIRST TIME
I have been dating someone for around 10 months and he told me he like to talk dirty while having sex, this is my first time talking dirty ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 1 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit Dr. Becker-Phelps' website