Skip to content
Looking for advise on where to get help and my issues
Anon_144063 posted:
Where to startâ?¦

I know women do not find insecure men attractive.
I know that insecurities about my body add a cloud of negativity around sex.
I have read that penis size is not as important as men think it is.
I have read that men should not be afraid of their partners being more turned on by their vibrators then them.

But, I still struggle with it all. I don't want this all to soundly like I am whining. I am trying to address my feelings through diet and exercise, providing the best sexual experience and stimulation I can (my focus is totally on satisfying her), I am reading articles to allay my concerns over "size"â?¦ but I still can move beyond my fears. I need help beyond positive self talk. I am looking for a professional to talk to but don't know where to start, what I should be looking for from a therapist and how to address the situation with my wife. There are things that I cannot talk to her about or anyone else and so I am using this as a place to get it out.

I cannot get past my insecurities. I am embarrassed by my body, my average penis size and my overall feelings of inadequacy in bed. No matter how many articles I have read about penis size I am sure that my wife would enjoy sex with someone who has more girth. I don't think I am giving her that feeling of "fullness" that she likes.

I know that my feelings may be irrational or that I am making more of this issue then I should.

I am a very sexual person even though I am insecure. My wife is amazing and fills my desire for physical contact but she herself does not desire sex. She tells me that it has nothing to do with attraction. I don't get it that. I think that if she felt attracted to me that she would have the desire to have sex with me. I think that if sex felt better that she would want to have sex more often and initiate.

I introduced a vibrator and she loves the clitoral stimulation. I am concerned that she likes sex more when we use it then when we don't. I am hung up on the fact that I cannot turn her on in that way and that I have to use a device during sex. She always would have an orgasm without it but the other night she could not until I brought the vibrator out. It made me feel bad. It would make her feel bad if she could not give me an orgasm and I had to request a device to make it happen.

My desire is to release my hang-ups and be a more relaxed person. After sex I want to feel good about it and I want my wife to as well. These feelings are not new and as I stated before I have tried working on them for years. But, here I am writing this long thing when I should be working. I know guys have these same feelings. I see guys ask all the time about ways to reduce libido with no GOOD answers.

Well, I got it off my chest. Thanks for wasting precious moments reading. J

AlexKatehakis responded:
The best place to find a therapist to address those specific needs is via AASECT (American Association of Sexuality Educators, Counselors, and Therapists). They have a directory of certified professionals:

http://www.aasect.org/directory.asp

Anon_144063 replied to AlexKatehakis's response:
Thanks for the info. I have looked at three of the therapist close to me (within 3 hours drive) and their rates are $125 per hour. My insurance does not cover mental health cost. Are there any online support groups you know of?

Helpful Tips

wallgreens lol seriously
I went on wallgreens looking for a curling iron. and i found some toys.. and inexpensive.. lol... i was lol... came in a box, very discreet ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 0 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit Dr. Becker-Phelps' website