Skip to content
Vaginal Questions
An_242147 posted:
This is an extremely embarrasing question but has anyone had any issues with flatus through their vagina? It happens during sex when there is a lot of fluids between myself and my husband. It's so bad it's to the point that I'm scared to try different positions because I know that it will happen. I know it's my husband but this is affecting my love life. Can someone please help?

Jumper2011 responded:
It happens to everyone at one point in time or another. My wife and I have experienced it several times. We just laugh it off and keep going No need to be worried or scared. It's natural and perfectly normal.

elle0317 responded:
Ditto what Jumper said.

scchha12 replied to elle0317's response:
Thank you for both answers, I was trying to figure out what I had eaten or done that day. So this is a normal thing, I'm guessing it has to do with positioning?

scchha12 replied to scchha12's response:
You didnt think that it was a mood killer?

An_242149 replied to scchha12's response:
This has happened to me many times. Of course the first few times I was embarresed but then my partner just laughed and we kept going

elle0317 replied to scchha12's response:
It's caused by air being pushed up and forced out (by his penis) of your vagina. It's not something you ate.

At first when I was younger yes it was a mood killer for about 5 seconds, we laughed then we just kept going. Sex is supposed to be fun and carefree, how can you enjoy yourself during sex if you worry about something so trivial?

elle0317 replied to elle0317's response:
I forgot to add that doggy style is the position it happens the most with me, I guess its because I'm more open and air can get inside my vagina during sex.

scchha12 replied to elle0317's response:
Ok, thanks, makes more sense now

Helpful Tips

Tips on Lubricant UseExpert
Many people have questions about how to use lubricant for more comfortable, pleasurable sex. Here are some tips you might consider: 1. ... More
Was this Helpful?
35 of 47 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit Dr. Becker-Phelps' website