Skip to content
Getting Older
connie2948 posted:
This is the first time I have asked this question anywhere Is there a decrease in the "cum" of a man or woman as we age. I'm dating a man who is 69 and when he cums there is hardly any evidence of it compared to what went on about 4 years ago. Sometimes it is the same for me but i am close to 50 then he has been. Is this normal?

queston responded:
Yes--men produce less semen as they get older.

Also, many of the meds and supplements (including the common herb Saw Palmetto) that middle-aged or older men take for prostate health can reduce semen volume.

jss123 responded:
Drinking a lot of water helps my semen volume a lot.
There are suppliments than apparently help that too (eg. Lecithin).
Men (myself included) dont drink nearly enough water and this is definitely one area we feel it.
I've also found it increases the intensity of my orgasm, but that might be my imagination.

Lots of water definitely works for me though. I'm not sure if the effect will be the same for you, but it certainly won't do any harm trying.

Good luck.

connie2948 replied to queston's response:
ty

connie2948 replied to jss123's response:
He seems to be drinking quite of bit of water and juices but maybe its some of the heart medicine he is on or his past medical history. Im going to check into some of his meds more and see what might be happening there. Thanks for your imput.

Helpful Tips

Difficulty having an orgasm?Expert
Try reading Becoming Orgasmic: A Sexual and Personal Growth Program for Women by Julia Heiman , Joseph Ph.D. LoPiccolo and David ... More
Was this Helpful?
5 of 7 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit Dr. Becker-Phelps' website