Skip to content
Smaller penis and Larger Testes after Vasectomy
spammyluke posted:
I had a vasectomy in 2009. It was a success. About 5 months later I noticed that my penis seemed to be smaller and my scrotum larger and tighter. Is that normal? I have looked online for answer but could not fine any. I did take Cipro after the procedure. Any ideas?

An_249819 responded:
I lost about 2 inches and almost all libido after my vasectomy. I've been too embarrassed to discuss it.

elle0317 replied to An_249819's response:
Have you gained weight since the operation? Weight gain can cause the apperance of a smaller penis b/c of the extra fat around the base. My hubby had this done and it didn't affect his size at all. I don't believe the vascetomy is to blame, no man would have it done it that were true!

rhondamay responded:
I doubt any shrinkage of your penis and the fact you had a vasectomy are connected. Maybe something else is going on that is not connected to the vasectomy.

About two years after our second child was born my husband had a vasectomy and it certainly had no effect on his penis size, testicle size or libido. If anything happened, the psychological benefit of no more concerns about birth control may have enhanced his libido. I know it increased mine.

Sorry but I have to call "B.S." on this one. What makes a man a man is the hormones that have developed and maintained the male characteristics. These help develop the facial hair, genital development, lower voice, and so on. Since a vasectomy has nothing to do with these things, it can't affect a man's "maleness."

Rhonda

Helpful Tips

Tips on Lubricant UseExpert
Many people have questions about how to use lubricant for more comfortable, pleasurable sex. Here are some tips you might consider: 1. ... More
Was this Helpful?
34 of 46 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit Dr. Becker-Phelps' website