Skip to content
no sex drive help
lillith14 posted:
hi i just turned 30 and i am a mother of an 8 year old and a 3 year old and my sex drive is a big fat zero and has been like that since i had my daughter in 2004 i have also been married since 2003 so in other words i need help is there anything i can do to get my sex drive back
dfgbull responded:
If you have talked to your Dr. about this and there is no medical cause, then you should see a counselor. This will not fix itself it will only get worse and sooner or later it will have a negative impact on your marriage. Please get professional help for your sake, for your husband's sake, and for your children's sake.
AlexKatehakis responded:
Seeing a sex therapist or a sex coach can be very helpful in getting desire back in to your life. One important thing to know about female sexual desire is that it is a little bit more circular than male sexual desire.

For men, often times desire -> arousal -> plateau -> orgasm

For women, sometimes sexual play/arousal needs to come before desire.

A sex therapist can help you get in touch with what makes you feel sexy to help boost your levels of desire. I would imagine being the mom of two young children could be zapping your sex drive, as it can be quite exhausting.

Contact our office for Sex Therapy Los Angeles or check the AASECT website for a therapist near you.
lillith14 replied to dfgbull's response:
my husband understands that i dont really have a sex drive i mean we have sex its just no fun for me my marriage is going perfectly fine but thanks
lillith14 replied to AlexKatehakis's response:
thanks alex i'll have to see into that

Helpful Tips

Oral Sex- deep throatExpert
Many people have trouble with the gag reflex (choking or coughing) when performing oral sex especially when they try to deep throat. You ... More
Was this Helpful?
70 of 88 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

  • Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit Dr. Becker-Phelps' website