Find Information About:

Drugs & Supplements

Get information and reviews on prescription drugs, over-the-counter medications, vitamins, and supplements. Search by name or medical condition.

Pill Identifier

Pill Identifier

Having trouble identifying your pills?

Enter the shape, color, or imprint of your prescription or OTC drug. Our pill identification tool will display pictures that you can compare to your pill.

Get Started

My Medicine

Save your medicine, check interactions, sign up for FDA alerts, create family profiles and more.

Get Started

WebMD Health Experts and Community

Talk to health experts and other people like you in WebMD's Communities. It's a safe forum where you can create or participate in support groups and discussions about health topics that interest you.

  • Second Opinion

    Second Opinion

    Read expert perspectives on popular health topics.

  • Community


    Connect with people like you, and get expert guidance on living a healthy life.

Got a health question? Get answers provided by leading organizations, doctors, and experts.

Get Answers

Sign up to receive WebMD's award-winning content delivered to your inbox.

Sign Up


All communities will be placed in read-only mode (you will be able to see and search for posts but not start or reply to discussions) as we conduct maintenance. We will make another announcement when posting is re-opened. Thank you for your continued support and patience, and if you have any further questions, please email

Yours in health,
WebMD Community Management

25 & would like to get circumsized
top_secret posted:
I'm 25 years old, and would like to know if it's still possible to get circumsized?
Was this Helpful?
8 of 16 found this helpful
Mensch59 responded:
Why? If it ain't broke, don't fix it. I'm Jewish so I don't any other way. Some people who had it done at birth now say they feel "imcomplete" and try to have a forskin "made" for them. IMHO that issue is a problem with the head on top of their neck, not the one at the end of their penis.
Yes, sometimes it becomes medically necessary to have an adult circumcision but that is a MEDICAL decision. To have it done for cosmetic reasons is as crazy as the guy that wants one made for him.
alaska_mommy responded:
Yes, I'm sure it is. Ask your family doc--I'm sure they could refer you to a surgeon.
Mensch, I'll politely disagree with you here. Parents are always divided on whether to circumcise their babies or not. There's a lot of opposition to it. But since the OP is an adult, he can make the informed decision to do whichever he pleases--keep it or take it off. If he wants it removed, I say go for it, if he really is sure he wants to do it.
fcl replied to alaska_mommy's response:
Of course it's his penis and the decision is his but he should also be aware that it hurts a lot more for an adult to have it done and that it's highly unlikely that his insurance will cover the cost because it's for cosmetic purposes (if it were for medical reasons he'd already have known that it could be done).

However, I'm with Mensch on this one - all types of surgery carry a risk and if it ain't broke why fix it indeed?
Mensch59 replied to alaska_mommy's response:
Mine was done for religious reasons. Other Americans feel it is more hygienic (and pretty) and do it at birth, but it is quite rare in most other places (other than religion).
IMHO the two greatest pleasures the Lord gave us are good food and good sex. I can't imagine doing the now fashionable body piercings in the tongue or genetalia because I don't want to risk harming the wonderful sensations that come from those places.
Hopefully a responsable surgeon will find out the real reasons why he would want to do this rather drastic procedure and help his patient with his emotional health (if needed) rather than take his money and do what he wants, as so many docs do.
Mensch59 replied to alaska_mommy's response:
An adult can do whatever he please with his body if he can find a doctor to do it? Do you think it was acceptable for the doctors that inseminated the "Octo-mom" TWICE becuase she wanted a lot of kids? They wanted the money and did not concern themselves the the health risks to the children of multiple births or their quality of life with a single and mentally questionable mother.
A health professional should consider the overall health of the patient, not just give him the drug or procedure he wants because the patient can do whatever he pleases with his body and the doctor has another mortgage payment due. He/she is a healthcare provider, not a tattoo artist or body piercer.
alaska_mommy replied to Mensch59's response:
Of course I don't think the Oct-Mom deal was acceptable. I think people like her should be sterilized before they have ANY kids.
The way I worded what I said may have come out wrong--what I was getting at is, with little baby boys, parents rave that the baby can't choose whether they want to be circumcised, so it's a horrible, inhumane thing to do to them, but now that this man is an adult, he can make an informed choice to do it if he wishes.
Incidentally, I am an American who is one of those masses who is for circumcision. Partly for religious beliefs, and partly for the "looks" reason.
I didn't mean to get you all het-up, Mensch. I like you, I don't want to make you mad.
Duke490 responded:
I see that you raised this question one year ago. I hope you found the correct answer to your question, but in case you didn`t, here is my answer: Yes, it is very possible to get circumcised at your age. Many much older men than you are having the procedure done. Here is a caveat: Make sure that you go to a Urologist who is well-skilled in adult male circumcision. Don`t go to just any Urologist because all are not equal when it comes to ADULT male circumcision.
sherriam responded:
my son had to be circumsized when he was 17. He said afterwards that he was very happy he had it done. If its something you want to do, then do it!
arpiff067 responded:
I would like to get circumcised

Helpful Tips

Sex relation issue
I doing daily sex with my wife .But just 5 minutes only continue in sex after my cock drop the liquid any boady tell me any solution i ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 0 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

  • Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit Dr. Becker-Phelps' website