Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
I don't reccomended paragard
Jocelena posted:
Me and my boyfriend have been together for more then 3 years and I had my iud inserted last year at 18 years old. I didn't want to get mirena or take the pill because I was afraid of what the horomones might do to my body. My doctor reccomended the iud to me and she said that my period would get heavier and I would experience some cramping.

At the time it seemed like a great idea, so I decided to get it. After the insertion I was in great pain. I decided that I would wait it out to see if my body would get use to it. It seemed that everytime I got my periods the pain became worst. I was experiencng nausea, fatigue, chills, major cramping, diarrhea, and bloating. At times I would vomit and spend a lot of time on the toilet, not good. My flow was heavier and a lot would come out in clot. When I tried to go out I would end up feeling extreme pain. It was interfering with my life and my overall health.

Not only did it interfere with my life, but also my sex life. At times my partner would feel the iud during sex and hurt him. There were numerous times I would experience major camping during intecourse and we would have to stop completely. Sometimes we could have intercourse without any problems, but we would get really frustrated when weren't able to.

I don't recommend the iud for young ladies that have not had kids because our cervix isn't as big and our body will just reject the iud and you might have the same symptoms as I did, but not everyone is the same. The iud is great for Mom's who already have children and want to wait to have more children, but I haven't been pregnant, so I'm not sure if the body would take the iud much better then it did for mine.

I wasn't aware of all the symptoms I would get, so I ended up taking it out myself after a whole year and it was like a burden lifted of my shoulder. The symptoms vanished, and I went back to normal. If you have the iud right now and your waiting to let your body to get used it, it probably won't. My symptoms got worst and I was living in hell. When I tried to go out I would run back home and crawl into bed . It was a nightmare, but when I wasn't on my period I would feel ok, except when it came to sex I would cramp up and wasn't abe to finish. I hope my experience with the iud was helpful and I'm done with iuds, I'm thinking about going abstinent because birth control isn't the right choice for me and I know condoms aren't full proof because my sister got pregnant and her partner was wearing one. Hopefully I can resist the temptation or find a better birth control that has no hormones.
Was this Helpful?
0 of 0 found this helpful

Helpful Tips

Oral Sex- deep throatExpert
Many people have trouble with the gag reflex (choking or coughing) when performing oral sex especially when they try to deep throat. You ... More
Was this Helpful?
70 of 88 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit Dr. Becker-Phelps' website