Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Has anyone heard of Emotional Freedom Technique??
awesomelexie posted:
I did this today for the first time. It was led by a couple and we did it in a group of 6 people.

WOW!!!

I can't begin to tell you how amazing it was. Since I can remember, I've been nearly paralyzed with dread when the seasons change and the days start getting shorter - reminds me of when I was younger and lived with the evil stepmom during the school year, and how much I dreaded going home after school. I did the tapping for the sense of dread, the lack of safety, the fear of taking up space... the whole thing took like 10 minutes. And I drove home today and the sun began to set AND I DIDN'T NOTICE. I only later noticed that I hadn't noticed. And I have NO emotional attachment left to the sun setting. It's just an event, like lunchtime.

emofree.com is the guy's site. There are videos and articles and you can do it right there from home. Or you can find a therapist who does it. I did it in a group and I really benefited from having the others there and talking through things... though I did some more tapping in the car on the way home on some other thoughts that came up and it worked too.

I am very much not into tapping, new age, or anything that even smells 'weird'. Or, I wasn't, until I did this EFT thing this afternoon. It works! You are touching acupressure points while focusing on a painful/undesired emotion and combining it with an affirmation (as simple as, "Even though I dread the transition from day to night, I am ok"); it's like hitting the reset button on a computer.

I can't say enough about it. I seriously urge everyone to take advantage of it, like, yesterday. I wish I had done this sooner!!!

slik_kitty responded:
am so glad that you found something that helps you. that's a wonderful feeling.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am 24 years old and still recovering from a near-fatal automobile accident. I really have many stories so I guess I will start at the beginning...we...More

Helpful Tips

my story - in part anyway
I had always been asked if I had been molested and always answered no. Then, after a hysterectomy at 36, I was once again asked, only this ... More
Was this Helpful?
9 of 12 found this helpful

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.