Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Good Things
Caprice_WebMD_Staff posted:
It's been a while since we did this....

Sometimes our struggles are so difficult that we forget that there are good things in our lives. We forget to notice them and feel grateful for them, which is too bad because sometimes it's those things which pull us through the dark times.

So I thought we could share the good things in our lives. We all have them, even on our darkest days.

Mine today are:

Hot showers - I have Fibromyalgia so hot showers are one of the best things in the world to me, helps a lot with the pain.

My granddaughter - She's now 16 months old, running around and babbling up a storm.

A good book - currently I'm reading a children's book (Inkheart), something I like to do now and then to give myself a nice break from the more serious/heavy stuff I tend to read.

America's Best Dance Crew - ended up LOVING this show! (Yes, I'm a dork who also loves So You Think You Can Dance.)

What are some of your good things today? As you can see, they can be pretty basic/simple.
FirstPrevious12NextLast

lovelylemontree310 responded:
Claire, my cat, who loves me no matter how deeply I go off the deep end

My car -- who is now fixed and beautiful and back in my possession.

My birthday is tomorrow.

insertscreennamehere responded:
Happy birthday, LLT

Barb

Good things....

...I have a job that seems stable. If it turns out not to be, I'm fortunate enough to have had a decent education so I can't see my family going hungry or being homeless.

...my sons both have issues but I really like the young men they are turning into.

...we have the goofiest new lab dog. Not the brightest but very energetic and loving.

Barb

djtimewilltell responded:
Thanks, Caprice!

Well, first my husband who has put up with all my "Jon crap" and still loves me. Then there's my son, dil, two grandkids, How about my cats, the snuggly one and the skiddish one (who will let you pet him on his terms IF you don't make any sudden moves or noises. ) I LOVE my job! And, I'm good at it!

~Donna

ReneeGotFreedom responded:
Hi Caprice, Been a long time since "I" posted here so this is a good topic to get back with. My "Good Things" are....my healing is nearly complete. It culminated with my divorce from my abusive husband who reminded me daily of the events of my life and used it to hurt me. I decided I needed to get away from him when he tried to choke me one night and then came at me again and slammed my head against a wall, spliting it open. So....I made my plans for my "getaway". I did it.

Now....I am a divorced woman, living in my OWN apartment miles from the ex who hit me when he got mad or when he thought "I" made "his" life sad. oh well..... Now, I life with my service dog and have made several new friends.

After several surgeries to a knee, I now need a service dog...she's the BEST thing to happen for me in a long time. She keeps my company every day and night, we go for long walks in to town, shopping together, to the movies, any where "I" go....she goes. She was even at the Emergency Room when my dad got sick. He's much better now btw.....had a mini stroke 6 weeks ago. Was a hard time for myself and my mom but....we're doing much better now.

I have worked hard to get to this place, where I feel safe because of the work "I" did along with my support group and a great T. While I no longer work with them, and we all agreed to not see us anymore, it was hard work that had a great outcome. And now.....four months after my last session, I am stronger, wiser, healthier, happier and better.

I see some who I knew here many years ago and hope they are well in to their healing and feeling stronger now than they were then. Renee Who is no longer "digging" out

MarySings responded:
My good things

1. My wonderful Albert

2. My sons, daughters-in-law, and those four absolutely adorable grandchildren.

3. Dr.B, Dr.S and the "old Dr.S"....I talked with "old Dr.S" today and had a wonderful visit. (I found his new phone number on the internet along with his new address....he was amazed but pleased that I searched for him.) He told me to call him anytime I wanted and he gave me his new cell phone number. He's gone through a VERY nasty divorce. My heart goes out to him because he is such a kind and caring man. His wife strayed and then took him to the cleaners. grrrrrrrr

4. This board of fantastic, uplifting, and wise friends. And a moderator who loves us all!

Mary (who is tired and calm at the end of a very long emotional day)

0828gamma responded:
Well actually I do have alot of things to be grateful. 1. I don't use alcohol or drugs for about 7 yrs now. 2. My husband that loves and accepts me with all my craziness . 3. I'm able to sleep and walk without fear of leg spams that would immoblize me (due to diabeties) 4. My daughter, grandson and son-in-law. 5. Learning to love and forgive myself. 6. I appreciate every day God gives me.

writejessss responded:
Good things BESIDEs the 2 feet of snow that has been dumped on us today ...hmmm

1. Spring break !

2. Hot fudge...the perfect response to a cold wintery day.

3. A lazy day of doing nothing

Hot fudge is actually a pretty response to just about anything

SwimNini86 responded:
haha agree- hot fudge solves many problems!

My good things are...

1. My, slightly overweight (according to my vet), but snuggly, kitty.

2. My roommate's hyperactive, but always amusing, kitten.

3. My job, which is stable, even with this economy...

4. Friends and family

5. my health

6. And the guy I've been dating, who cannot be human because he's so understanding and compassionate

Not just hot fudge......in 'my" book......ANY chocolate is a great solution to a problem. They don't call it "comfort food" for nothing. It sure brightens my days........ yummmmmm Renee

02554 responded:
happy birthday lovelylemontree. I enjoy reading your posts. I hope you enjoy your day and make sure you see Kay.

miataredhead responded:
Well, I was going to stay off this thread because I've had a down week or two, but after reading it I found one thing I can always take comfort in. It always makes me feel better, and it demands nothing of me but enjoyment.

I want a hot fudge sundae, no cherry, no whipped cream, double hot fudge and a dish of fudge on the side...and if you're low on ice cream, you can hold that, too!!

What???? NO Whipped cream???? oh my....... Hot fudge without whipped cream is just "plain"! You're not plain....why should your hot fudge be plain?

Renee

Spotlight: Member Stories

From the time I was 5 til I moved away at 12 I was sexually abused by my friends older brother. I have never told anyone about it except my best frien...More

Helpful Tips

my story - in part anyway
I had always been asked if I had been molested and always answered no. Then, after a hysterectomy at 36, I was once again asked, only this ... More
Was this Helpful?
9 of 12 found this helpful

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.