Skip to content
~*~Distraction Action~*~
Caprice_WebMD_Staff posted:
1. When you were a child, what was your favorite playground equipment and why?

2. Chocolate, vanilla or strawberry?

3. What's the last piece of music you listened to?

4. What good thing is in your life this week?

5. What's one good thing about being an adult?

writejessss responded:
1. I loved my jumprope! It was a great mental escape. I bought myself a jumprope a little while ago. I'm excited to give it a try again, after all of these years, once spring finally comes.

2. Chocolate AND strawberries (especially together)!

3. Elmo's Song and his "I'm riding my tricycle" song with my little neice. She is quite the Elmo fanatic.

4. A pain free day:)

5. I can tell people "no" when I don't want to do something.

jess

WolfFaerie responded:
1. I loved playing in the jungle gym 'cuz it could your hideout, secret base, house and so much more.

2. Chocolate of course though Strawberry is another favorite of mine. What's not to love especially chocolate covered strawberries who can resist that not me that's for sure.

3. Broken Girl by Matthew West

4. Good thing is my little brother telling that he loves me.

5. I can walk away from people that have hurt me and still feel good about myself.

ttsmile responded:
1. The bars. I loved to hang upside down.
2. Chocolate
3. What if God was One of Us--theme song to Joan of Arcadia
4. MIL and FIL and husband who have been helping a lot since I am unable to use my right hand at the moment
5. I get to make own choiices.

starrystarrynight310 responded:
1,) Swings -- felt a lot like flying and no one could catch me.

2.) All three, please.

3.) Sade's "No Ordinary Love."

4.) I decided not to go back to the horrid psychiatrist that made me cry. And I'm going to see the nice one who helps run my depression group.

5.) You get to drive.

writejessss replied to starrystarrynight310's response:
I'm glad you will be working with psychiatrist that treats you well. Feeling safe with and trusting the doctors we work with as we work through these issues is extremely important. I'm glad you are standing up for yourself and your own wellbeing. (((hugs)))

jess

WolfFaerie replied to starrystarrynight310's response:
I have to agree with Jess on this one too. I'm glad your going to a good pdoc. I wish you the best of luck with it.
Little Gir lLost~Wolf

marysings responded:
I really don't remember much of my childhood but there are some pictures of me jumping rope. If I could be a child again, I think the fancy slides would be a blast.

Chocolate ice cream, vanilla ice cream for a banana split, and strawberries over cheese cake. yummmm

"Blessings" by Laura Story. I'm going to hunt for a cd so I can sing this at church.

My sister told me I was her very best friend.

About the only thing I enjoy these days are my grandchildren. Being a grown up right now has been extremely painful between physical problems and emotional memories. sigh

I kind of wish I wasn't here anymore. Things are happening all around me and I can't find stability anywhere. I don't like myself at all right now and I can't imagine why anyone else likes me. I have to fake everything and I am tired of faking. It hurts my cheeks to keep that happy face on. I called and left a message for Dr.B but he won't hear it until Monday. I'm praying for death. I won't kill myself. I've asked for a heart attack or brain anyorism, a car wreck, anything so I can escape into the arms of Jesus.
I'm strong willed and I tell it like it is. I make mistakes,I'm sometimes out of control but I love and give with all my heart. If you can't accept me at my worst then you don't deserve me at my best.

WolfFaerie replied to marysings's response:
Dear Mary~ I'm so sorry you're hurting right now. Offering safe gentle hugs if okay? I feel like you do on certain days where just the thought of putting on a happy face makes me absolutely sick to my stomach. I loathe days like these very much because that is how I had to grow up. Where everyday I had to look to my mother for the mood that I could have for that moment to be safe from any harm that came my way. It was like constantly walking on eggshells everywhere you went. Always wearing a happy face mask, so no one outside the family knew what was going on. It was a hellish way to grow up and live thru.
Mary, do something that makes you happy or at least comfortable with yourself. Please be kind to yourself. You'll be in my thoughts and prayers. Gentle hugs?
Peace~Wolf

Spotlight: Member Stories

Caution!! This could be very triggering to read! . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . My father sexually abused me from...More

Helpful Tips

my story - in part anyway
I had always been asked if I had been molested and always answered no. Then, after a hysterectomy at 36, I was once again asked, only this ... More
Was this Helpful?
10 of 13 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.