Skip to content
Favorite Things
Caprice_WebMD_Staff posted:
I thought everyone here could use some distraction... :-)

1. What's your favorite precious gem?

2. What's your favorite piece of jewelry (whether you own it or just something you spotted)?

3. What's your favorite Dr. Seuss book?

4. What song, when it comes on the radio, always makes you smile and want to sing along?

5. What old TV show did you love and wish was still around?
You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
~Christopher Robin to Pooh
FirstPrevious12NextLast

WolfFaerie responded:
1. Sapphire

2. The Sterling Silver Cross my hubby got me for Christmas this past year

3. The Foot Book

4. Rain by Creed

5. Beauty and the Beast

Thanks Caprice!
Wolf aka Grumpy Bear

slik_kitty responded:
1. emerald

2. a sapphire ring that i had that got stolen

3. oh the places you'll go

4. awake and alive by skillet

5. the smothers brothers

unknown19182 responded:
Thanks Caprice...

1) My favorite gem is Blue Sapphire. (Blue is my favorite color.)

2) A sterling ring with a small blueish stone in it. (It's lost at the moment...ooops.)

3) Horten Hears the Who

4) Wake Me Up Inside by Evanesence

5) Stargate SG1-the original (but then I'm glad that they stopped it instead of ruining it by going into a lame storyline.) It's not really either but anyway.

iwanttostop responded:
i like all rocks, but tiger eyes are really cool.

my silver and Blake gold cross

are you my mother?

the wheels on the bus.

little house on the prairie

Caprice_WebMD_Staff replied to WolfFaerie's response:
(((Grumpy Bear))) ;-)

What a lovely gift your husband gave to you.
You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think. ~Christopher Robin to Pooh

Caprice_WebMD_Staff replied to slik_kitty's response:
I hope that, one day, you can get another sapphire ring, Kitty.

The Smothers Brothers was fun!
You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think. ~Christopher Robin to Pooh

Caprice_WebMD_Staff replied to unknown19182's response:
Hope you find that ring, Unknown.

LOVE Horton Hears a Who! :-) But I pretty much love all Dr. Seuss books (which is good because now I read them to my granddaughter).

Caprice_WebMD_Staff replied to iwanttostop's response:
Are You My Mother? is definitely one of the sweetest Seuss books, isn't it? :-)

I recently reread the Little House series and they stand up pretty well. The first time I read them was over 40 years ago. I liked the show too.

MarySings responded:
My favorite precious gem is Amethyst.

My favorite piece of jewelry is the new wedding band I received from my husband on our 30th anniversary. The center diamond is a 1.75ct oval. The remaining diamonds are 1.25ct total weight. Put together...they are 3.0 carats. My husband is a pure romantic. We celebrated our 37th anniversary in February.

My favorite Dr.Suess book is "Oh, The Places You Will Go!" It makes a great graduation gift, too.

Right now a favorite song is "Blessings" sung by Laura Story. I am practicing it to sing at church sometime in August.

I loved Lassie. Timmy got himself into the oddest messes and Lassie always saved the day.

Mary
I'm strong willed and I tell it like it is. I make mistakes, I'm sometimes out of control, but I love and give with all my heart. Have patience with me as I heal.

writejessss responded:
1. Hmmm...I guess I've never really thought about that. I do love deep blue sapphires, though.

2. A pinky ring my sister gave me. Unfortunately it died a very painful death.

3. I think Dr. Seuss is a genius. I love them all. Some years on April Fool's day, my mother would make us green eggs and ham...we thought that was the coolest.

4. Angels Among Us by Alabama

5. Mad About You

Caprice_WebMD_Staff replied to MarySings's response:
It's nice to hear that about Albert, Mary. :-)

I used to love Lassie too! Loved those closing credits where 'Lassie' lifted 'her' paw.

Caprice_WebMD_Staff replied to writejessss's response:
That IS a cool thing your mom did, Jess! And I'm with you... I kinda love them all and am loving them all over again as we share with my grandchildren.

MarySings replied to writejessss's response:
I have always loved using food coloring.

On Valentines Day I used to use red food coloring and make pink heart-shaped pancakes.

On Halloween I made orange pancakes.

The boys drew the line on St.Patricks Day. Green mashed potatoes are very hard to eat...something about the green is just a stomach-turner!

LOL Mary
I'm strong willed and I tell it like it is. I make mistakes, I'm sometimes out of control, but I love and give with all my heart. Have patience with me as I heal.

starrystarrynight310 responded:
1. Diamonds are a girl's best friend...
(well, that and I like emeralds and aquamarines and garnets set in rose gold...) [that's what happens when you ask the jewelery fiend! >

2. The cross necklace my grandmother gave me on my First Communion. It fell down a sink the first day of law school... I was devastated. I have found an identical one -- unfortunately it's at Tiffany's and is $700 dollars. (http://www.linkworldjewelry.com/product_1067.html for a silver version of it.)

3. Thidwick, the Big-Hearted Moose

4. "Get Down On It" -- Earth, Wind and Fire

5. "I dream of Genie" (sp??)

Spotlight: Member Stories

Only three people in my life know my story and they don't even know a fraction of it truth be known. For the moment that's the way it has to b...More

Helpful Tips

An Answer to Why does my chest alway hurt?
I am a survivor of sexual abuse plus others. When I was 8 I started to experience overall chest pain. At 9 I went throught a medical review ... More
Was this Helpful?
10 of 11 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.