Skip to content
Moderator - Questionable Ads
awesomelexie1 posted:
I have to question the wisdom and respectfulness of putting these ads (to the left of the page) on an SA board. I wonder if they are on the other mental health boards. I scrolled over to 'next ads' and got more of the same. To me they come across as insulting, disrespectful, insensitive. I know the moderators don't choose the ads but is there any way there can be some feedback provided to whoever does?

I'm assuming they are targeted - mental health ads on the mental health boards; probably baby ads on the parenting boards. I am objecting to the phrasing of the ads, for example the schizophrenia ad below.
Are You Schizophrenic? Top 5 Schizophrenia Signs. What The Doctor Is Not Tellilng You

Caprice_WebMD_Staff responded:
Hi Lexie,

Those are google ads over which we (all of WebMD) has little control unless they're promoting something illegal, etc. They are not being generated by WebMD itself.

What, in particular, about the phrasing do you object to so I can include that when passing on your comments.
You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
~Christopher Robin to Pooh

slik_kitty responded:
use firefox when i am reading the boards and have the add on adblock plus to get rid of all the ads. it speeds up the loading of the windows and you don't see any of the ads.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I was abused once as a child by an older man that was a hunting buddy of my father's. Worst night of my life and I still have not dealt with it. A...More

Helpful Tips

An Answer to Why does my chest alway hurt?
I am a survivor of sexual abuse plus others. When I was 8 I started to experience overall chest pain. At 9 I went throught a medical review ... More
Was this Helpful?
10 of 11 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.