Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Taking It All
soulkeepers posted:
It doubt it when I told what happened isn't my fault.I do cause if it wasn't then it wouldn't have taking place.And others makes it easier for me to believe that by what they say or do.Just was laying in bed in total darkness and trying to figure out what I've done to not be liked or love by another human soul.Thinking to myself in the dark is a chance to view where I've been and whose been in my life.That's where I came to the conclusion that I have no one in my life and I don't matter to anyone.The message has been there for some time now but I'm just realizing that it's the reason why others don't care enough to listen to what I have to say or see me as being someone.I'm taking it all because they always stay in my back pocket,no one sees it anyway.

Most of my life I was looking to prove my parents wrong with what they had beat into my head about other people.From the first lesson my dad taught which is placing me something high and telling me to jump.He said jump and I'll catch you,looking down at my parents with nothing but fear.About the third or forth time he scream at me to jump and he'll catch me,I did.I closed my eyes and jumped but he didn't catch me and hitting the floor was a lesson to this day still hurts.He said the lesson in that is not to depend on no one but your self cause no one will be there when you fall.I now feel strongly that he may have been telling the truth about the hard lesson.

On Christmas morning my mom and I got into a heated debate during a video chat.A lot of words were spoken on her part they were not very nice at all and I felt that it was my fault she got upset.And thinking in darkness I discovered that she too could be right about what was said.I'm taking it all whatever happened is all my fault I'll wear the blame and scars,carry the guilt,Keep the shame,suffer the aftermath of the abuse,walk the path alone that leads to nowhere,stay powerless and stay hidden like people already sees me.The mirror shows me as I feel others believe me to be and that just garbage.I can't hand my shameful life to anyone cause it's not fair to them and I deserve all that's conflicted on me.

Thanks for letting me pour out my garbage on here.
THERE'S NO AGE LIMIT ON COURAGE!

healingmychild responded:
Hi we blame each other all this time for somethings that it was out of our control.It is not our fault that this mess up sick people did this to us.And we need to get to a point in our journey that we need to STOP THE BLAME ON THAT CHILD INSIDE OF US.Its very hard to think like this but we need to take the chance. I was tired of feeling guilty, angry, shame for what was not my fault.It affected my family, my marriage,my spirit,my mind, everything of me.And I got MAD very mad couldn't allow this to control me needed to speak out and just took the chance and opportunity.Its not easy it hasn't but I am adjusting to this new life.Keep reminding myself Im worth everything and need to take care of that little child inside that is scared and is learning how to be free from shame.
Healing

awesomelexie1 responded:
Wow I am so sorry that your dad did that to you! He was right, he was showing you HE wouldn't be there for you.

Thank you for trusting the board with this very honest post. You are being very real about what you feel.

This is what your post made me think of:
http://bravegirlsclub.com/archives/8693

soulkeepers replied to awesomelexie1's response:
Thanks for responding to this.I fell into my own trap with this one so that's why it has taken me a while to get back.

I don't clearly get your message,I might thinking slow.I'm having trouble understanding part of your post.

melisfit responded:
Soulkeepers,
you do matter, and none of it was your fault. You say that others don't care enough to listen. I care. And I'm hear to listen. I can relate to a difficult mom and also to being taught hard lessons. I'm so sorry that you feel so isolated.
Please take care of yourself.
mellie

soulkeepers replied to melisfit's response:
Thanks melisfit for caring and willing to listen.It's one of those situation where talking wouldn't make a bit of difference.

You seem like a good person and I'm sorry for all that you are dealing with.Evil parents need to be taught a hard lesson and really know how it feels to have dirty things done to them.

Spotlight: Member Stories

From the time I was 5 til I moved away at 12 I was sexually abused by my friends older brother. I have never told anyone about it except my best frien...More

Helpful Tips

my story - in part anyway
I had always been asked if I had been molested and always answered no. Then, after a hysterectomy at 36, I was once again asked, only this ... More
Was this Helpful?
9 of 12 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.