Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
~*~ Get to know you survey ~*~
writejessss posted:
Thought it might be fun to get to know one another a little better. So....

1. How/why did you select your screen name? 2. If you have a profile picture, how/why did you select it? If you don't currently have one, what might you select for profile picture? 3. What is your favorite beverage and why? 4. If you could travel anywhere in the world where would it be and why? 5. What's your favorite book? 6. What is one good thing in your life today?

Jess

Who wants to go first? I've got to run, so I'll give my answers a little later.

az330 responded:
1. I got mine because I live in AZ.

2. I don't have a profile picture but if I did have one it would be a turtle. They represent strength and endurance. They have lived and seen many things and in the end they stand tall. I hope one day I can stand tall. I want to get a small tattoo of one to remind me that I can heal from my past and stand strong.

3. My favorite beverage would have to be water. I live in the desert and nothing quenches my thirst like cold water. I try and stay away from sugary beverages.

4.If I could go anywhere in the world. I would go to greece. It seems so beautiful and picturesque. I am a bit of a history buff. Much was created there.

5. Ummm I can't pick one. I like anything from Dan Brown.

6. One good thing about life today. hmmm...well I have been in some turmoil lately. I had a nervous breakdown and have been rebuilding my life to say the least. I am happy to be out of the hospital and that I am holding on.

DOGDANCING_TCOS responded:
1. How/why did you select your screen name?

TCoS is what my collective is called, and Dogdancing is my inner healer that surfaced in a hypnotherapy session.

2. If you have a profile picture, how/why did you select it? If you don't currently have one, what might you select for profile picture?

eh, thats me, currently using it to keep my self honest and real. Wish I had a good basenji picture to use instead.

3. What is your favorite beverage and why?

Pepsi...but sadly Im gaining so much weight on my new med I have to limit it.

4. If you could travel anywhere in the world where would it be and why?

redwoods, never tire of going there.

5. What's your favorite book?

LOL used to me my novel TCoS but I threw it away last October!!! bwahahahah! great now I have to come up with a new one! Kurt Held - Outsiders of Unskoken Castle.

6. What is one good thing in your life today?

Work didn' t need me so I got the whole weekend off!
I'm not really a psychopath, I just play one on the internet.

writejessss responded:
1. Used to be part of an email address when I first came to webmd. Each time I've had to create a new account, for one reason or another, I have simply added another s to the end

2. I grew up in what was once my great grandparents home. When I was younger, the flower beds surrounding the house were covered with hundreds of tulips of all colors. I have always loved tulips. I love their simple elegance.

3. Either fresh spring water (a benefit of growing up in the valleys of the Rocky Mountains) or fresh, cool lemonade (the real stuff).

4. There are so many places I would like to travel. New Zealand is definitely one. Currently I going though some serious island withdrawals. I miss Hawaii and would love to visit my friends there.

5. The Secret Garden. I loved the thought as a child of being able to disappear into the safety of my own beautiful garden. No one could get at me there. The thought of escaping into my own outdoor oasis is still a happy thought.

6. Got lots done today. I hope the next few days are as productive.

Who is next?

Caprice_WebMD_Staff responded:
Thanks for starting this, Jess.

1. My dearest friend many years ago called me 'capricious' but in a very positive way; he enjoyed my shifting moods and how I always surprised him. So 'Caprice' became one of my online personas long before I came to WebMD.

2. My pic is me a couple of years ago. It took me a while to share a pic of ME but once I did, I thought it looked friendly and open and that's what I want to put out there.

3. Hot chocolate. Just love it though now I keep it to one small mug and the 'lite' version.

4. Right now, the west coast of Vancouver Island. It's my favorite place in the world and it's been too long since I've been there. I'm determined to get there this year again.

5. Soooo many. I'll go with To Kill a Mockingbird, one of my many faves and one I go back to again and again and shared with my sons.

6. Sunshine! It's going away soon but I'm loving it while it's here.

Next?
You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
~Christopher Robin to Pooh

lovely_lemon_tree replied to Caprice_WebMD_Staff's response:
1. How/why did you select your screen name?
There's a song... "The Lovely Lemon Tree" ... done by many groups in the 50s and 60s. The chorus says "Lemon tree, very pretty, and the lemon flower's sweet, but the fruit of the poor lemon is impossible to eat..." I always thought it described me very accurately -- sweet and lovely, but ultimately untouchable.

2. If you have a profile picture, how/why did you select it? If you don't currently have one, what might you select for profile picture?
I borrowed my picture from a profile pic of my own from Facebook. I keep a very low profile on social media sites, and I don't want people figuring out who I am (scratch that -- I don't want a certain person figuring out who I am). I also thought that the elegance of an ice sculpture captured my personality (same thing as my s/n -- elegant, beautiful, transparent and giving away nothing about the self, but ultimately unapproachable).
3. What is your favorite beverage and why?
I agree with AZ -- water. I also grew up in the desert, where only water is quenching and perfect for the body. It's also Asian tradition (my mom's Asian) to drink water, and it's much cheaper than soft drinks. I was raised on good ol' H2O.

4. If you could travel anywhere in the world where would it be and why?
I think today, I would like to go to Montreal. It's vibrant, lovely, Francophone so I can practice my French more, it's intelligent, and it's beautiful. I would love to study at McGill University. I would also love to live there.
5. What's your favorite book? 6. What is one good thing in your life today?

lovely_lemon_tree replied to lovely_lemon_tree's response:
Continuing... I don't know how that happened, I didn't hit "submit."

5. What's your favorite book?
There are soooo many. I think my current favorite book is "The Other Boleyn Girl" by Phillipa Gregory -- about the early family life of Anne Boleyn, Henry VIII's second wife.

6. What is one good thing in your life today?
I put together (with a trainer) a personal fitness program that will allow me to lose 50 pounds in a year. I think it's a reasonable goal, and I've finally made a move toward achieving it.

melisfit responded:
1. my screen name is is a combination of my first name (melissa) and the way I've always felt. Like a misfit.
2. I don't have a profile picture, but If I did I think I would choose a cookie. They're sweet, but delicate. If you handle them to roughly they crumble.
3. My favorite beverage is fresh apple cider. We only make it in the fall and it encompasses so many happy memories. All the neighbors would bring food and we'd have a block party and press apples.
4. Walt Disney World because its impossible not to find your smile while there.
5. My favorite book is Black Beauty

marysings responded:
1. My screen name is pretty obvious.
2. I thought it showed me pretty well and about as thin as I have been lately.
3. Diet Coke although I am trying to drink more Crystal Light which has to be healthier.
4. Ireland. I'm the second generation born in the USA. I would like to find cousins in Ireland.
5. My favorite book is You Are Special by Max Lacado. Second choice is The Disciples Study Bible (NIV version).
6. Albert. We danced in the kitchen for a while this evening. Then we had cake and milk. It was a great way to end a long and very sad day.

Mary
I'm strong willed and I tell it like it is. I make mistakes, I'm sometimes out of control, but I love and give with all my heart. Have patience with me as I heal.

healingmychild responded:
1.I started healing my inner child of sexual abuse.
2.I dont have one now but I put my baby picture so innocent.
3.Pepsi once in a while put love also peach tea.
4.Rome
5.Courage to heal and (Living for Today by Erin Merryn) self help books that have gave me more strenght to live everyday.
6. BREAKING MY SILENCE!

~Healing

Jade2012 responded:
1. I chose Jade2012 as my screen name because like most other people, I didn't want to use my real name & when I was trying to think of a name I happened to be wearing my jade bracelet.
2. I selected the picture of the lighthouse for my profile picture because it is a lake lighthouse on a lake that I have spent a lot of time at over the years that brings me peace, joy & relaxation.
3. Water is my favorite beverage because it truly hydrates me & I don't feel bloated after I drink it.
4. Hawaii - went there in 1991 & absolutely loved it - it was the best vacation I've ever had - such a beautiful place to be.
5. Eckart Tolle's A New Earth
6. My uncle - I spent the morning having coffee with him - he's my father's brother - I recently lost my dad & my uncle & I find comfort in visiting, talking about my dad, looking at his belongings (we are slowly going through my dad's place & cleaning it out together). My uncle is very special to me - we are fairly close in age so it is more like we're brother & sister - I was my father's only child & I am my uncle's only niece. He has the gift of musical talent & has given much of that to my twin daughters. I am proud to have him as my uncle. He is a wonderful person.

soulkeepers responded:
  1. I came up with mine cause my soul is kept by more than one.
  2. No but if I choose to add one it'll be something that reflects all of me.
  3. Right now it's cold I have to say hot chocolate or tea
  4. Doesn't matter as long as it's far from here.
  5. I don't read that much but lately I have been writing a ton.
  6. Besides the people on this site,I found a T but it's going to take more than one to deal with me.
WITHOUT STRUGGLE THERE'S NO SUCCESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Helpful Tips

Are you having posting problems?
With all the posting/not posting problems, try these: 1. Copy your post/response BEFORE clicking on "post" 2. If the "can't post now" ... More
Was this Helpful?
4 of 6 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.