Skip to content
Not being myself
healingmychild posted:
I talk to my counselor today it felt good.I told her what happen over the weekend with my husband.Last saturday was the one year since I confronted one of the abusers.I had a bad weekend and felt very unsupportive from my husband.I am very hurt by his reaction.He just want me to be all heal and let go of the past.The counselor told me I should of call the hotline and talk with someone and I have in the past.But this time I isolated myself with all my emotions.It really affected me.We talk about planning out if this happens again and communicate with my husband in a better way.I also talk with him and he is agreeing in continuing some counseling to help us deal with this.Talking with the counselor she made me realize where I need to work on.But the past is there and it will never go away.I need to get the negative to postitive and realize when Im going the wrong direction.Today I try to go out to store to get out of the house since I haven't gone much.I use to get this way a while back and feeling it now really scares me I set back and I need to work on my issues of self esteem.She gave me alot to think about and to realize its not worth getting in a deep depression.It felt good to talk to someone because I feel alone.
~I am entitled to my own truth.~
There's more than anger,more than sadness,more than terror.There's Hope ~Edith Horning
Caprice_WebMD_Staff responded:
I'm so glad that talking with your counselor was so helpful and that you've made some headway with your husband!
You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
~Christopher Robin to Pooh

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am broken but I don't like others to know because I fear they won't look at me as strong as they see me now. I don't understand why I am...More

Helpful Tips

my story - in part anyway
I had always been asked if I had been molested and always answered no. Then, after a hysterectomy at 36, I was once again asked, only this ... More
Was this Helpful?
10 of 13 found this helpful

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.