Skip to content
Meeting with friend
healingmychild posted:
Tomorrow I will have breakfast with an old friend.We haven't talk for a while.She is an old neighbor where we use to live before.She saw me go thru my deep depressions and my lowest.She took care of me and was my guardian angel.I told her about the sexual abuse and she listen.So Im excited to meet with her and talk about life and our kids.I don't have many friends and it makes me feel good to connect with other.I do feel sad because it has always been difficult to keep friends or trust.My counselor tells me that I need to go out and make friends.Join some class or activity to make friends but its hard.That is something that I want to try to get myself to do.Its very lonely and I find myself feeling sad.I feel that here I can feel comfortable and speak out how I feel.I have trust issues and I just wish it was easier.
Healing
~I am entitled to my own truth.~
There's more than anger,more than sadness,more than terror.There's Hope ~Edith Horning

Caprice_WebMD_Staff responded:
I hope you had a nice time with your old friend.

Regarding making new friends, your T gave some good advice. I would also suggest that you join something just for IT and if friendships are made through that, all the better. Find a hobby or activity you'd like and pursue it, join something you'd enjoy for its own sake... the friendships can then follow naturally over time with people who have similar interests.
You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
~Christopher Robin to Pooh

healingmychild replied to Caprice_WebMD_Staff's response:
I had a nice breakfast with my friend.We had alot to talk about.We met when I was going thru a very rough depression.She was there help me taking the boys to school.He help was so appreciated and I will alwayls remember that she made a big difference in my life.She was the first person to tell about my abuse.She was there when I was in inpatient hospital.We had not talk about the issue for a while so I told her what I did and how things have change my life and how I see it now.She was glad I was ok and she told when I need to talk to call her.It made me so comforting.I also listen to her struggles with teeagers that we have in comment.Overall I enjoyed our meeting and we told each other that we need to do this more often.
Healing
~I am entitled to my own truth.~
There's more than anger,more than sadness,more than terror.There's Hope ~Edith Horning

Caprice_WebMD_Staff replied to healingmychild's response:
Good to hear, Healing.
You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
~Christopher Robin to Pooh

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hi, all. I've been kicking around this site for years in all its various forms. Change is not easy, but survivable. I'm working on my MSW (M...More

Helpful Tips

An Answer to Why does my chest alway hurt?
I am a survivor of sexual abuse plus others. When I was 8 I started to experience overall chest pain. At 9 I went throught a medical review ... More
Was this Helpful?
10 of 11 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.