Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
I went to see my mother this afternoon
marysings posted:
She is totally dependent on others to dress, eat meals, etc.

I asked her if she knew me and she said yes, she thought I was someone she should know. I told her my name and told her that I was her oldest child. She couldn't believe it, she said. Then she reached up and played with a flower on the edge of my sweater. "Oh yes", she said, "you're the "rich b**ch". I didn't quite know what to say at that. Then she said "you sure are pretty". She said that 3 times and I thanked her everytime she said it, hoping she would finally stop it. That statement was one I had not heard before from her. I was very uncomfortable.

I asked her if she could remember any of my childhood. She said no. Then I told her that I forgave her for the things she did to me. She said what things? and I told her it didn't matter anymore. She said she was sorry that she was mean to me and she said "I'm not mean anymore".

I kept the visit short and told her I would be back sometime. She said okay and then said she would try to remember me.

I went to my car and cried.
I'm strong willed and I tell it like it is. I make mistakes, I'm sometimes out of control, but I love and give with all my heart. Have patience with me as I heal.

slik_kitty responded:
hugs

lovely_lemon_tree replied to slik_kitty's response:
No words, Mary. No words.

But I am listening. And I wish I could extend a hand to you just to hold.

You and your mother are in my thoughts.

melisfit replied to lovely_lemon_tree's response:
Mary,
you're in my prayers.

az330 replied to melisfit's response:
Hugs Mary...That is all I can offer.

AZ

Caprice_WebMD_Staff responded:
((((Mary))))

I hope all of this ends up providing even more healing for you, Mary.

Your kindness is impressive.
You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
~Christopher Robin to Pooh

candykissesaresweet replied to Caprice_WebMD_Staff's response:
mary. i am sorry for all your heartache

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hi, I'm Jazz. Being on an online community is still somewhat new to me, but I am really enjoying it. I am sorta new to the SA survivors community ...More

Helpful Tips

my story - in part anyway
I had always been asked if I had been molested and always answered no. Then, after a hysterectomy at 36, I was once again asked, only this ... More
Was this Helpful?
9 of 12 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.