Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Busy Sunday
az330 posted:
Proud of myself today....I woke up and kept myself busy with chores. I sat out on my patio and enjoyed the weather and a new book....The past two weeks have been hell. I am just trying to do something for me for once.... I tried really hard to stay away from the bad feelings. I guess I just needed a breather. I hope everyones Sunday was as good as mine. I hope I can have more days like this... Tomorrow is therapy time...I am nervous and scared I am being put on new meds. I hope I don't have a bad reaction this time.

melisfit responded:
Az, I'm so glad to hear about your nice Sunday. You deserve to have more days like that. How is your new book so far ? What are you reading? Good luck with therapy today. I'll keep my fingers crossed that the new meds work out well for you.

Caprice_WebMD_Staff responded:
What a lovely gift you gave to yourself, AZ, and I hope you can do it more often. Not only is it good at the time, but planning such days can provide you hope throughout the difficult weeks. (((hugs)))
You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
~Christopher Robin to Pooh

az330 responded:
Therapy is so draining. Working thru the jumbled mess of emotions surrounding my family. Is it wrong to be glad my father is dead? I am happy he is gone and can't hurt me anymore, angry for what he put me thru and sad because he never admitted to what he had done to me. I wish I had gotten the validation I need. One step at a time. I am trying to breathe. I needed Sunday. It was a good escape...Its amazing what sunshine can do to you.
I started to read the hunger games series. I just wanted to see what all the hype was about.

Caprice_WebMD_Staff replied to az330's response:
I've got that book waiting for me to read too. Sometimes it can be good to read or watch a strong heroine who kicks a**.

And no, I don't think it's wrong... all the feelings you're having, including being glad he's gone. (((hugs)))
You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
~Christopher Robin to Pooh

Spotlight: Member Stories

I was SA by a friend of my father's when I was 8. He watched us for a little while one day when my father went to get parts to fix a car. The craz...More

Helpful Tips

my story - in part anyway
I had always been asked if I had been molested and always answered no. Then, after a hysterectomy at 36, I was once again asked, only this ... More
Was this Helpful?
9 of 12 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.