Skip to content
A day at a time
healingmychild posted:
This few weeks its been very difficult my emotions are all over.I decided to not take that additional med Dr want me to take.Im going to wait and give it time with meds I have been taking for some time.I am trying to be positive everyday.My oldest son is turning 18 in 2 days.I took his baby book out to remember the beautiful moments.But also Im getting emotional because where time went so fast.So times was great others I was so depressed dont recall.This few years its been tough on the boys too seeing me go thru all this mess.But he has lots of events this few months and graduating.I want to focus in his events and enjoy.He will enter junior college in fall so it will be a big step for him.Im so proud of him.
But the thoughts of my past keep on creeping in to my mind.I try to stop them.It gets me upset.I keep remembering what the counselor told me it just keep on having control of me.I also sometimes feel in a daze and the feelings are so familiar.But I try to be in the present to be here present for my family and my self.Im trying to pull myself from this so familiar feeling. Thanks for listening to me

Healing
~I am entitled to my own truth.~
There's more than anger,more than sadness,more than terror.There's Hope ~Edith Horning

Caprice_WebMD_Staff responded:
Graduating is such an exciting time for parents and kids alike. Though I admit I had more fun when they graduated from primary school. Congrats to your son on entering Junior college in the fall! And congrats to you on helping him get there. I know how much that can take sometimes.

Good for you for holding on to the positives and putting one foot in front of the other. Have you talked with your T about coping strategies to help you deal with all these thoughts that weigh on you? Therapy is a great place to air all the issues, even journalling, but you still need to live a life in between. I hope your T is able to help you get there.
You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
~Christopher Robin to Pooh

Spotlight: Member Stories

If you have any questions just ask....The story continues.

Helpful Tips

my story - in part anyway
I had always been asked if I had been molested and always answered no. Then, after a hysterectomy at 36, I was once again asked, only this ... More
Was this Helpful?
10 of 13 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.