Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Roll Call!
Caprice_WebMD_Staff posted:
Who is here and looking in? How are you doing this week?

What kind thing will you do for yourself this week?
You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
~Christopher Robin to Pooh

az330 responded:
Well I have been in and out of here lately....I have been kind of a lurker.
How am I doing?- Well I am not sure. I am working thru some bad emotions. I started to write a letter to my father. I am suprised how many pages I have already. There is alot of anger there. It does feel good to get it out on paper. I am angry at him for so many reasons, for taking my childhood away, denying what he did and taking it to the grave. I know what happend...but I wish I had that validation from him. I wish he would have admitted it to me just once. It bothers me and I don't know if I will ever have peace. I mourn for the father I never had. So many different emotions. Kinda frustrating
This week I have tried to keep busy and try not to slip into that dark hole we all know. So far this year has been bad and very emotional. I hope we can turn it around. I am proud to say that I have done some kind things for me this week. I have started on new meds to help with the depression, I looked at my DBT stuff and will go back to class tomorrow. I have kept up with my tdoc appts this week and I know she will be happy with my progress.
On a side note I am thinking about taking a kickboxing class. It might help me relieve some stress and anger.
AZ
Who else is here??

slik_kitty responded:
i'm here. just trying to stay cool since it's getting too hot too early this year.

DOGDANCING_TCOS responded:
here.
I'm not really a psychopath, I just play one on the internet.

Caprice_WebMD_Staff replied to az330's response:
Hi AZ,

I want you to know that it is possible to find some closure and healing without that acknowledgement from the abuser. You're making such progress. (((hugs)))

Let us know how the kickboxing goes! Great idea!
You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.

Caprice_WebMD_Staff replied to slik_kitty's response:
I hope you have some a/c to help with that, Kitty. I don't like it when it gets too hot either.

Caprice_WebMD_Staff replied to DOGDANCING_TCOS's response:
(((Paja)))

lovely_lemon_tree replied to DOGDANCING_TCOS's response:
(*stands up and dusts herself off*)

I am here. I don't have much to say, really, but I am here.

I am okay mentally. Physically I feel like I've just run a 25-mile marathon. I've been going and going and going all week and I finally collapsed this morning, cancelled my doctor's appointment, turned around, and went back to sleep.

I'm not really sure what I will do for myself that's kind this week. Maybe finish a book that I've really gotten into?

writejessss responded:
I'm here some

melisfit responded:
I'm here. Not having the best week. started to see new therapist. I don't think I like him. He keeps wanting me to talk about stuff I don't want to think about and so stuff with Nathan I'm uncomfortable with. Having lots of nightmares

healingmychild responded:
Im here...yesterday was my son turn 18th Bday we went out to eat with family and celebrate.Its was emotional for me just thinking how fast he has grown.I try to keep myself busy but still feel like Im dragging myself no motivation.I need to be gentle with myself not be so critical.Read more affirmations.Call to get appt to see therapy.Try to do more walking.Not feeling myself.

Healing
~I am entitled to my own truth.~
There's more than anger,more than sadness,more than terror.There's Hope ~Edith Horning

Caprice_WebMD_Staff replied to writejessss's response:
Thank you for checking in, Jess. (((softhugs)))

Caprice_WebMD_Staff replied to melisfit's response:
It sounds like you and the T need to have at least one discussion about how you're going to go about therapy so that you feel safe while work still gets done. It may take a little time to find a good balance. But speak up about this, Melisfit.

And discuss what you can do in order to cope with the fallout from the therapy sessions. Therapy is hard work and can often trigger a lot of emotion but it does help in the long run.

And if, after 3 or 4 sessions, you feel this is not a good fit for you, perhaps look into getting another T. But always know that the point of therapy is to work on those issues with which we're often uncomfortable.

Caprice_WebMD_Staff replied to healingmychild's response:
I remember when my sons got to be around that age... I felt like I was losing them a bit. But, it turns out, they ended up turning around within another couple of years and now we are all closer than ever. I didn't expect that and it's been a wonderful thing.

Good work with the affirmations, Healing. Sometimes we are so good at being kind to others and less so with ourselves.

I hope the walking helps to ease things a bit.

Spotlight: Member Stories

Only three people in my life know my story and they don't even know a fraction of it truth be known. For the moment that's the way it has to b...More

Helpful Tips

Are you having posting problems?
With all the posting/not posting problems, try these: 1. Copy your post/response BEFORE clicking on "post" 2. If the "can't post now" ... More
Was this Helpful?
4 of 6 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.