Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Feeling Overwhelmed?
Caprice_WebMD_Staff posted:
Whether it's kids, partners, neighbors, family obligations, projects at work, finances, your own personal issues, how do you handle it when you feel overwhelmed? What strategies help you cope? Share your own tips and read others' to get ideas.
You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
~Christopher Robin to Pooh

healingmychild responded:
When I start feeling very anxious I PUSH myself to get out and walk we have hills and nice sidewalks.
I REMIND MYSELF TO TAKE DEEP BREATHS
I watch the gold hills and listen to the birds
I feel the sun and wind hit my face
I walk walk walk until I want to

Another is when I feel down I let my emotions come I cry and let it out.I journal and put it all in paper I express my feeling.

I read affirmations I like them because its simple thoughts and I take them in.More when I feel negative.

Music it has always been one of my favorite things to do listen it relax me and it lift my spirit up.

I talk to myself remind positive thinking.

I watch comedy shows or tv shows that are funny to laugh.

I talk to the people that support me and will LISTEN

I just try to take care of this childwithin that feels overwhelmed.

Healing
~I am entitled to my own truth.~
There's more than anger,more than sadness,more than terror.There's Hope ~Edith Horning

Caprice_WebMD_Staff replied to healingmychild's response:
You have a lot of good things in your toolbox, Healing!
You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
~Christopher Robin to Pooh

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am 24 years old and still recovering from a near-fatal automobile accident. I really have many stories so I guess I will start at the beginning...we...More

Helpful Tips

An Answer to Why does my chest alway hurt?
I am a survivor of sexual abuse plus others. When I was 8 I started to experience overall chest pain. At 9 I went throught a medical review ... More
Was this Helpful?
10 of 11 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.