Skip to content
Memorial Day Weekend
Caprice_WebMD_Staff posted:
What are your plans for the upcoming Memorial Day weekend? What's your favorite way to enjoy this weekend? Share your favorite Memorial Day weekend memories. What does Memorial Day mean to you?
You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
~Christopher Robin to Pooh

melisfit responded:
This memorial day, we're going to have a pool party. We're just getting settled into the new house and Nathan wants to have friends over that just got home from school for the summer. I wish I had somewhere else to go for the weekend. I'm not a party girl and it's going to be all these people he went to high school with. Most of the guys think he ruined his life by staying home to be with me. And a couple of the cheerleaders used to constantly throw themselves at him. None of his friends get why he has always chosen me over them. I'm afraid they'll finally convince him that he made a terrible mistake.

Caprice_WebMD_Staff replied to melisfit's response:
A party isn't the place that such discussions would occur, even if they were thinking that (which you don't know for sure).

Take a deep breath and find a way to enjoy yourself during the party. And even if you can't, remind yourself that it's one night/weekend. And that he did choose you and he continues to choose you.

I hope that aside from that party, you and Nathan can enjoy yourselves this long weekend, maybe get outside somewhere.
You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
~Christopher Robin to Pooh

melisfit replied to Caprice_WebMD_Staff's response:
thanks Caprice. I hope you enjoy the long weekend.

Spotlight: Member Stories

Unfortunately, my story is similar to many others in this community. I was sexually abused by my older brother when I was 7 and he was 12. I have been...More

Helpful Tips

Are you having posting problems?
With all the posting/not posting problems, try these: 1. Copy your post/response BEFORE clicking on "post" 2. If the "can't post now" ... More
Was this Helpful?
5 of 7 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.