Skip to content
Summer Plans
Caprice_WebMD_Staff posted:
Summer is right around the corner. What are your plans for the summer? What are some of your favorite memories?
You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
~Christopher Robin to Pooh

niteflier responded:
Hi Caprice, I plan to fly to my mothers and drive her to see the rest of the family for her birthday (she will not fly). hopefully the visit will be uneventful. . we have not all been together for positive reasons in a long time.

what about you?

Caprice_WebMD_Staff replied to niteflier's response:
I hope this proves to be a positive time for you, Niteflier. Be sure to have plans on how you will keep yourself emotionally safe throughout if family can be triggering for you. Have someone you can contact and talk to, get away on your own now and then, etc.

No real plans for the summer for me but hoping to spend some time with friends here and there and trying to get a handle on my health again. Going away on a short trip in September that I'm really looking forward to (going to the west coast of Vancouver Island - my favorite place in the world - with my best friend just to walk in the old growth forest and feel the waves crashing against the rocks and breeeeeeathe).

Thanks for asking.
You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.

niteflier replied to Caprice_WebMD_Staff's response:
(trigger) thank you. visiting family is always stressful (unless it is only my mother and i). too many memories/flashbacks, etc. this time i am going to see my dads wife since (first time since he passed) I am not sure how she will feel about that after accusing me of ending my fathers life by administering medication, but i did tell her i would see her next time i was in the state.

The west coast is awesome. the mountains, trees, streams, beaches, etc. its nice to be able to get away sometimes. perhaps you will get to see an orca or 2

niteflier replied to niteflier's response:
It just dawned on me I should have started a new discussion to mark (trigger).....

melisfit replied to niteflier's response:
Caprice, that sounds like its going to be a great trip.

melisfit replied to niteflier's response:
Niteflier I wish you luck with your stepmother. That sounds like its going to be a little tricky.

Caprice_WebMD_Staff replied to niteflier's response:
Be gentle with yourself throughout this trip, Niteflier. I hope his wife treats you better this time and if she doesn't, have an exit strategy so you can leave the situation quickly.

Yes, maybe orcas and dolphins but I'd love to see more grey whales again too.

Caprice_WebMD_Staff replied to melisfit's response:
Thanks Melisfit... how about you?

melisfit replied to Caprice_WebMD_Staff's response:
We're going to Disneyworld in September. I'm really looking forward to it.

writejessss responded:
Summer is going to be a little crazy for me, but I'm going to try to spend as much time as I can outdoors...and definitely spend time hiking in the mountains and resting near the mountain lake.

When I was younger, we used to get together with all of the neighborhood kids and play night games in our yard and my great aunt's yard just next door. We would play for hours. It was always a lot of fun.

Caprice_WebMD_Staff replied to melisfit's response:
I'm a big Disney fan, Melisfit. I hope you have a great time!

(I've been to Disneyland multiple times but not for about 9 years now. I can't wait to be there with my grandchildren one day. And I've been to Disneyworld once.)

Have you ever been or will this be your first time?

Caprice_WebMD_Staff replied to writejessss's response:
I remember those long summer nights playing with the neighborhood kids too, Jess. Such fun.

I hope you get in lots of hiking this summer out there in the mountains. Sounds like lovely summer plans.

Spotlight: Member Stories

My 6 yr. old daughter was sexually abused by her father on a week-end visitation, shortly after we separated and I filed for divorce. After she told m...More

Helpful Tips

Are you having posting problems?
With all the posting/not posting problems, try these: 1. Copy your post/response BEFORE clicking on "post" 2. If the "can't post now" ... More
Was this Helpful?
5 of 7 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.