Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
taking care of myself
marysings posted:
I've had a tough few days. I'm working on the book, Breaking Free - A Recovery Workbook For Facing Co-Dependence. It's bringing up some more memories which are not pleasant. I tried to complain to my sister this morning and she said if the book is causing you some anguish then you NEED TO WORK THE BOOK. jeeze

Under the advice of my determatologist, I got a micro-derm abrasion and an acid peel. Did it Friday and when I got home I looked a bit pale but no other side effects. It really did not burn or sting as badly as the lady said it would. This morning I'm peeling and I look bad enough to scare a small child! There will be two more treatments. Dr.L said it will help minimize my acne scars. Those scars are a big source of shame for me.

I also got my hair cut this morning.

I guess I have done a lot of self-soothing in the past several days in spite of my anger about working the book. And I will be very glad when I get back to the pool for my knee exercising.

Mary
I'm strong willed and I tell it like it is. I make mistakes, I'm sometimes out of control, but I love and give with all my heart. Have patience with me as I heal.

slik_kitty responded:
so glad you are taking care of yourself. that's a very good thing. hugs

Caprice_WebMD_Staff responded:
I think I remember a time when you wouldn't have had the energy for something like this, nor believe you were worth such things. So it's REALLY good to see you taking steps like these, Mary.
You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
~Christopher Robin to Pooh

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hi, I have no idea how to use a site like this but hopefully I'll catch on quick. lyI am looking for support from other adults dealing with being ...More

Helpful Tips

my story - in part anyway
I had always been asked if I had been molested and always answered no. Then, after a hysterectomy at 36, I was once again asked, only this ... More
Was this Helpful?
9 of 12 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.