Skip to content
My dog (bichon frise) is really sick
healingmychild posted:
I have been busy dealing with my dog getting sick.He has been diagnose with auto immune disease.He has had 2 blood transfusion and has been in n out of animal hospital.He is 7 yrs old.He is home now taking high dose of steriods to suppress his immune.He is breaking down his red blood cells to fast.He was just put in new meds so we are in a waiting time to see how he reacts.Today I take him back to Vet to check his blood level.This past weeks its been very stressful emotional and physically.My husband and boys are helping out too with him.But I am so sad that he might not pull thru this disease. We have already talk about not going thru any more transfusions and let him go if his blood level goes down again.Its a very hard decsion but we don't want him suffering. I have had my puppy for 7 yrs and he has gave me joy and lots of love. A very loyal friend that has been thru with me dealing with all my childhood molestation.He was there when nobody understood me.He was there when I felt sad, lonely and angry about it all.This is a very difficult time just waiting trying to be patient.If he is going to get better or not. A reason why I haven't been on site.
~Healing
~I am entitled to my own truth.~
There's more than anger,more than sadness,more than terror.There's Hope ~Edith Horning

marysings responded:
We had to do the same thing when our 18yr old dog got cancer. It's difficult to put our pets down but it's peaceful knowing they will not suffer any longer.

My prayers will be with you and your dog.

Hugs,
Mary
I'm strong willed and I tell it like it is. I make mistakes, I'm sometimes out of control, but I love and give with all my heart. Have patience with me as I heal.

Caprice_WebMD_Staff responded:
I'm so sorry to hear all you've been dealing with, Healing.

Be gentle with yourself through this. ((((softsafehugs))))
You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
~Christopher Robin to Pooh

melisfit replied to Caprice_WebMD_Staff's response:
I am so sorry you have to go through this. I don't know how I would cope if something happened to one of my furry babies. You are both in my prayers.

healingmychild responded:
Hi well the update he is stable.We took him to vet this last saturday and he is making his red blood cells and his level is going up slowly.He is eating more and seems more alert.He is weak but vet says is his meds.So he will continue to take his meds and will be checking his blood level.I am so glad he is doing better.He needs extra care now but Im so happy to see his eyes just stare at me.He knows that I am taking care of him like when he was with me in my low moments.I have been there since he got sick.Im a bit fatigue but God and he gives me strenght to be there for my puppy.My boys and my husband also have been there for him.He is part of our family and we are glad he is home.I just HOPE he continues to get better.The vet say as long the med continues to work for him he will be ok.Thank you for your thoughts and prayers.
Healing
~I am entitled to my own truth.~
There's more than anger,more than sadness,more than terror.There's Hope ~Edith Horning

writejessss replied to healingmychild's response:
That is great to hear. Both you and your puppy will continue to be in my thoughts. Sending more healing thoughts your way.

melisfit replied to writejessss's response:
I'm so glad that your puppy is going to be okay. I'll continue to pray for you both.

Spotlight: Member Stories

My 6 yr. old daughter was sexually abused by her father on a week-end visitation, shortly after we separated and I filed for divorce. After she told m...More

Helpful Tips

my story - in part anyway
I had always been asked if I had been molested and always answered no. Then, after a hysterectomy at 36, I was once again asked, only this ... More
Was this Helpful?
10 of 13 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.