Skip to content
July 4th - What Are Your Plans?
Caprice_WebMD_Staff posted:
What are your plans for the upcoming national holiday? (Whether you're in Canada celebrating on the 1st or in the States celebrating on the 4th.)

Barbecue or picnic? What are some of your favorite foods for this celebration?

Do you like fireworks and will you be watching some this year?

Happy Independence Day or Canada Day!
You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
~Christopher Robin to Pooh

writejessss responded:
I think we are having a casual family night...making tinfoil dinners I believe and hopefully seeing works. I love fireworks...have since I was little. Hmm...I think we need to have s'mores too...yummy, gooey deliciousness!

slik_kitty responded:
going out to eat with my mom. they've banned charcoal grills cuz of the drought and fires. probably won't have any fireworks show here either cuz of the fire danger.

Caprice_WebMD_Staff replied to writejessss's response:
Mmmm..... s'mores.....
You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.

Caprice_WebMD_Staff replied to slik_kitty's response:
I hope you enjoy the time with your mom and maybe catch some national fireworks on TV if nowhere else.

az330 responded:
I am sinking myself into work. So I will probably work on the 4th and make some extra money.
I prefer a BBQ but its so hot and dry here in the SW that its really not safe to do either. One of my favorite BBQ food would have to be potato salad.
I love fireworks and haven't really seen any since I was a kid.The problem is they make me cry to see there beauty and meaning.
Fireworks and the desert don't mix so I will probably watch it on TV and wish I was were they are.
What are you doing for the holiday Caprice?

Caprice_WebMD_Staff replied to az330's response:
Hey AZ, maybe you can make yourself some potato salad to enjoy, despite no BBQ being possible.

I understanding working through... sometimes work can help pull us through various things in life.

I'm in Canada so our celebration was July 1st for Canada Day. I'll be here working/covering on the 4th.

Spotlight: Member Stories

My 6 yr. old daughter was sexually abused by her father on a week-end visitation, shortly after we separated and I filed for divorce. After she told m...More

Helpful Tips

my story - in part anyway
I had always been asked if I had been molested and always answered no. Then, after a hysterectomy at 36, I was once again asked, only this ... More
Was this Helpful?
10 of 13 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.