Skip to content
miscellaneous
marysings posted:
This heat is just sucking the life out of me. I go to bed tired and wake up tired. I have to take a nap just to finish out my day.

My grandchildren leave tomorrow. I will be sad they are going but I also believe that they are a source of my tiredness.

I've tried working on my homework but Dr.B will be very disappointed that I am too stupid to understand it.

I don't know what is happening to me. I forget the names of things. The other day I looked at a safety pin in my hand and I could not for the life of me figure out the name of that little piece of metal in my hand. It took more than 5 minutes to name it.

I seem to leading into a depression so I'll stop writing.
I'm strong willed and I tell it like it is. I make mistakes, I'm sometimes out of control, but I love and give with all my heart. Have patience with me as I heal.

Caprice_WebMD_Staff responded:
Have your meds changed lately, Mary? Either way, with FM and the heat and just plain fatigue, it's not uncommon for our minds not to function even for the simplest of things. What you describe is the kind of thing I experience all the time. But if it seems to be intensifying even after the heat and worst of the fatigue lifts, do discuss with your doctor.

I doubt Dr. B will think you're stupid. I expect the awful heat is sapping everyone right now.

Be gentler with yourself, Mary, and patient.

I hope the heat eases up soon.
You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
~Christopher Robin to Pooh

Spotlight: Member Stories

My story? Where should I begin...? When I was 12, I had my first sexual experience. What started as simple curiosity and exploration led to something ...More

Helpful Tips

An Answer to Why does my chest alway hurt?
I am a survivor of sexual abuse plus others. When I was 8 I started to experience overall chest pain. At 9 I went throught a medical review ... More
Was this Helpful?
10 of 11 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.