Skip to content
Yummy Summer Foods
Chris_WebMD_Staff posted:
Caprice is taking a much earned vacation, but she did leave with you all in mind and with something to chat about.
So on behalf of Caprice, we ask you....

July is National Blueberry Month, National Hot Dog Month, AND National Ice Cream Month. What are your favorite summer foods? Got any recipes to share?
Let's welcome her back next week with some delicious ideas for blueberries.

Caprice_WebMD_Staff responded:
Thank you, Chrissy!

We have some wonderful blueberries in my area this summer... just bursting with flavor. I can't have as much as I want due to allergies but they sure are good. And there's a dairy here that has the best home made ice cream... hmmm... suddenly I'm hungry.

I can't be the only one who enjoys various summer foods. How about you?
You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
~Christopher Robin to Pooh

lovely_lemon_tree replied to Caprice_WebMD_Staff's response:
I live about ten miles away from the town that now calls itself "The Blueberry Capitol of the World." Blueberries are great, but I like the other fruits and berries of summer that I am not allergic to (and some that I am allergic to and eat anyway...).

I'm in serious need of a Slurpee.

healingmychild replied to Caprice_WebMD_Staff's response:
Welcome back Caprice I haven't been in the site for a while.But I will tell you that I love all kind of fruit in the summer time.I like to get yogurt ice cream and put strawberry, peaches, nectarine,any thing that is on sale at fruit stand where I live.Its a great refreshing desert to have anytime!
~I am entitled to my own truth.~
There's more than anger,more than sadness,more than terror.There's Hope ~Edith Horning

Caprice_WebMD_Staff replied to lovely_lemon_tree's response:
Hey, LLT, we are theoretically the 'raspberry capitol' so we have something in common.
You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.

Caprice_WebMD_Staff replied to healingmychild's response:
Hmmm.... now I'm having serious cravings for frozen yogurt, Healing.

(It's good to 'see' you again.)

Spotlight: Member Stories

I was sexually abused by my stepfather for thirty three years and my oldest child belongs to him. I have a very dysfunctional life and constantly thin...More

Helpful Tips

Are you having posting problems?
With all the posting/not posting problems, try these: 1. Copy your post/response BEFORE clicking on "post" 2. If the "can't post now" ... More
Was this Helpful?
5 of 7 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.